Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA: ARC Welder £19.99
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Just spotted this half price in Aldi for £19.99 and i’m very tempted to get one for a giggle.

Reckon its worth a punt? Thought could have some fun with and melt some stuff together and maybe the odd repair job

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_27223.htm

allthepies
    Free Member

Adjustable welding current, range 55-160 amps
    Input voltage: 230V/50Hz
    Electrode sizes: 1.6-4mm
    Unit not suitable for standard domestic 13 Amp power socket

Do you have suitable power circuits to take the load ?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Theres always someone ready to spoil my fun. You my missus? 😉

MrOvershoot

£39.99 I think?

Sorry missed it was reduced from original, give it a go and lets see your seagull shite 😉

cp

think he/she’s suggesting his/her local aldi has at least one at half price… they’ve been around since October

MrOvershoot

TBH 8kW is going to dim the lights as bit which is why I suspect they are so cheap.

We have a couple of 160A protable units here that will run on 240v or 415v but anything above a 2.5 rod means they cut out very soon on 240v

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Just throw 20 down the bog, job done

BrickMan

They seem to have a reasonable write up, though obviously they are not a high quality welder they will do odd jobs that don’t involve finesse or huge numbers of sticks to be thrown down.

I thought about buying one to put new track ends on a very old (and crap) gas pipe road frame as even at £40 they are cheaper than hiring a better welder for just one day. But discovered I really need to braze it to do it properly.

trail_rat
    Free Member

As a buzzbox it works but the electrodes are reputably shite

Looking at migwelder forum they suggest youll weld thicker material ok but it will not weld thin unless your already a skilled welder

As for the curremt , the duty cycle on the welder wont be long enough to trip anything. My 151te been butt welding 4mm plate out of my parents garage which is standard 13 amp , blew the fuse once when i did a long run along one edge.

Just fitted a 32 amp output in my garagefor my welder . It needs a 20amp output for max output on 0.8 wire.

I wouldnt waste my 20quid tbh. Itll sit in your garage and look ugly for years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA: ARC Welder £19.99’ is closed to new replies.