Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA – Aldi cycle clothing review
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

a resounding no they cant then it would seem…..

the bib trew experiance matches mine exactly – fine if your a short tubby banker but not if your a lanky skinny cyclist…..

its like having a kangaroo pouch out front !

shermer75
    Free Member

For what it’s worth I find the Lidl stuff to be pretty baggy too, even after I’ve dropped down a size or two.

perchypanther
    Free Member

fine if your a short tubby banker

Perfect, I’m in……aaaw! wait a minute.

Banker? My mistake. I’m out. 😳

stumpy01

I bought some of their winter tights last year and they are rubbish. Yes, they are very warm & that crinkly material the bloke refers to in the review keeps your knees nice & warm (the ones I bought have a strip of it across the knees).
    But, they don’t stay up very well (I didn’t opt for bibs) & the pad is the most uncomfortable one I have ever used. It almost folds in two & gets wedged up your bum; although sorts itself out when you actually sit on the bike.

On the other hand though, I have some cheap dhb bib shorts & the pad is almost as bad. The fit is a bit better, but it is made from such flimsy material it doesn’t really do much.
    And I’ve got some Decathlon shorts, which are just as bad as the Aldi tights in the pad department; like stuffing a huge nappy down your shorts & hoping for the best.

But, this year I risked some of their bib shorts and they are tons better. They have a completely different pad in them, which feels more like a ‘proper brand’ pad. The sizing also seemed a lot more ‘cyclist’ than MAMIL.

I’ve tried some of their tops on, but they always seem a bit of a baggy cut.

I think if you are careful, you can pick up some decent kit. But, it’s not all good.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

In the past all Aldi’s shorts/leggings have been a bit ropey. I found the exact same last year as mentioned in the review and as trail rat says. I do like the Pro top/jacket and base layer though and I’ve also been a fan of their softshells. I’ll probably get another pair of waterproof socks as these have lasted well and seem to work ok, even when wet they are still warm. wetsuit like.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

[/quote]sorts itself out when you actually sit on the bike.

🙄

dannyh
    Free Member

sorts itself out when you actually sit on the bike.

Post of the year. Simple.

Sums a fair few things up nicely does that!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

aldi’s winter gloves are great

stumpy01

Eh? Have I missed something?

stevenmenmuir – Member

sorts itself out when you actually sit on the bike.

Rolly eye thing….

None of my other shorts/tights (apart from the rubbish Decathlon ones I mentioned) have pads that are such a weird shape, they wedge themselves up my arse when off the bike (Endura, dhb, Lusso, Specialized, De Marchi & the newer Alid bib shorts). They are comfortable on or off the bike.

EDIT:

But, this year I risked some of their bib shorts and they are tons better. They have a completely different pad in them, which feels more like a ‘proper brand’ pad. The sizing also seemed a lot more ‘cyclist’ than MAMIL.

This bit of my previous post was back to talking about Aldi stuff, in case it wasn’t clear. I do tend to wander sometimes when spouting rubbish. 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Aldi cycle clothing review’ is closed to new replies.