Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA ALDI camping stuff on Thursday
  • petrieboy

self inflating mat for £13 looks worth a punt
    http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_14392.htm

Cougar

I can recommend alpkit for campmats. As good or better than the Thermarest and a third of the price.

I've got an old Fat Airic and it's ace; they've got a new range now though.

disco_stu
    Free Member

the tent looks a bit of a bargain, has anyone bought one from there in the past?

petrieboy

cougar – i'll probably get an alpkit lightweight mat for bivying but the heavyweight "car camping" stuff looks very pricey against this (£60 for Dozer!!)

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Those LED lanterns are great

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thinking about that tent for Latitude. I'm sick of getting dressed lying down!!

Edric64
    Free Member

the tent looks a bit of a bargain, has anyone bought one from there in the past

Very good cheap tents at Go outdoors

amodicumofgnar

Had one of those aldi mats a few years back – ok for the money, leaked a bit even when new but still lasted about 18months.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Very good cheap tents at Go outdoors

yeah, got one just round the corner in Brizzle but 59.99 for that one…and it looks quite nice too.

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheap tents: wait for the first breath of wind 😐

We bought a Gelert four man tent (wasn't even that cheap) and used it about four times in the first year – always in nice summer weather. Took it car-camping up Sutherland / Assynt way a week or so back and it fell over in the middle of the night. It was blowing a light wind.

Upon closer inspection in the morning, three of the fibreglass poles had splintered along their full length and loads of stitching had given way, both on the inner and outer.

In future, I'll only buy super-cheap tents on the basis that they'll need replacing every season, or use my tiny wee expensive tents and cook in the rain.

Northwind

That tent looks rubbish tbh. Check out Go Outdoors, they have an instore only offer on, this one…

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-atakama-5-5-berth-family-tent-p143499#descTabSect0

Looks pretty decent. Still a basic family tent, not a serious bit of kit but then most people have no use for that anyway.

OTOH a mate of mine took a cheaper, smaller Aldi tent on a motorbike trip to yorkshire. It turned out the top wasn't waterproof at all but the sewn-in groundsheet was, so it quickly filled with water 5 inches deep. How we laughed from our proper tents :mrgreen:

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Their product descriptions kill me, "Rectangular Sleeping Bag" bugger I was looking for a circular one.

z1ppy

hey I'm loving the remote control lantern, just what I was missing when camping…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA ALDI camping stuff on Thursday’ is closed to new replies.