Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA: A quick reminder to always get an online quote for M&S insurance at renewal
  • alfabus
    Free Member

I got my contents insurance renewal letter the other day… £350!

Seemed a bit steep, so I got a quote online: £143. That's more like it!

Phoned them up, and they said that to get that price, I'd have to cancel the policy and buy the new one online.

5 minutes work, 200 quid saved.

Don't let them penalise you for being lazy, get a new quote!

Dave

davidrussell
    Free Member

+1. practically the same figures too – daylight robbery or a tax on the lazy, you decide.

🙂

grievoustim
    Free Member

+1, did same thing yesterday (thank god cos my 45 day "grace" period to cancel is up soon)

contents and home, old quote was over 700 pounds , new one just over 400 or so

saved over 300 quid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grumm
    Free Member

With the M+S insurance, do you have to do anything to cover your bikes or is it automatically included unless they are worth over £4000? Also, what are the terms for your bike being insured outside the house? Can't seem to find the info on their site.

grievoustim
    Free Member

grumm – as you say bikes are covered up to 4K in value, no need to declare them (though best to make sure you have some kind of proof of ownership)

to insure bikes and other stuff outside the house you have to pay a bit extra to have your stuff insured "away from home" – but well worth paying IMO.Its a tick box to select towards the end of the online quote process. Unless you mean in the garage? That would be covered by the normal cover

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks for that.

Sorry yeah I meant outside the house as in in your car or briefly locked up outside a shop etc. I have read some policies that say you have to have them locked in the boot, some that just say they have to be covered up in a car, or that you have to use certain rated locks etc.

AB
    Free Member

+3 – robbing barstweards!!

Drac

All insurance companies do this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA: A quick reminder to always get an online quote for M&S insurance at renewal’ is closed to new replies.