Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA; 7Stanes dev manager, marketing and comms £31,000 – £34,000
  • Trekster

7Stanes dev man

A new Community Interest Company is being established to develop a sustainable funding/ investment strategy for the continued promotion and development of the 7stanes brand in order to maximise the economic activity generated by the 7stanes. The Company Board representatives are Forestry Commission Scotland, Scottish Enterprise, Dumfries and Galloway Council, Scottish Borders Council, VisitScotland, Scottish Cycling and six private sector representatives.

The Company’s role is primarily to raise the profile of the mountain bike centres through various marketing initiatives and communication channels and identify and secure new sources of funding.

will
    Free Member

I suspect that is the type of job which sounds cool, but in reality would be crap…

warton
    Free Member

interest in MTbing will not be a big requirement i imagine. the ability to use phrases like
    'maximise user engagement in our digital media strategy going forward' will be more important

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I reckon that would be quite cool, you'd get to be all aloof, wear horn rimmed glasses, stripy socks, use management speak and slink off for a research ride at least twice a week

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well if the job is based in Dumfries you won't even get a sniffter of a job interview unless you are either a freemason or have a member of your family already working for the council.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That sounds like about three or four jobs – who has that sort of experience?

bigdavevw
    Free Member

The forrestry have weird ways of recruiting 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Heh – I know you think this is me mouthing off but it comes from people working at the Dumfries unemployment office. Dumfries I think could be the only council where they ask if you have a family member working for them on their job applications.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Dumfries I think could be the only council where they ask if you have a family member working for them on their job applications.

east lothan do too…

🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Well if the job is based in Dumfries you won't even get a sniffter of a job interview unless you are either a freemason or have a member of your family already working for the council.

It's funny you mention that, but the only time I've been to Dumfries was staying with family friends about 25 years ago, and I remember then, that two nights of the week were lodge nights.

where was this job advertised?

Macavity
    Free Member

The Southern Reporter newspaper

whytetrash

every council asks if you have family working there!

Trekster

NickyB is going downhill – Member
    where was this job advertised?

Dumfries local paper, Dumfries and Galloway Standard and found above site via google

Given that there will be loads of Scottish gov execs looking for work, inc Scot Ent, there could be quite a bit of interest.
    FE are also reorganising

Masons are so last decade, God squad are the current flavour of the month 🙄

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA; 7Stanes dev manager, marketing and comms £31,000 – £34,000’ is closed to new replies.