• This topic has 33 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ton.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • PSA 5-10’s on CRC
  • hainman
    Free Member

Just picked a pair of 5-10’s VXI’s for £57 so in effect half price on CRC

mehr
    Free Member

Cheers, bought a spare pair so should be good to 2020

wishiwascalledsteve

Thanks, just in time. The soles on my 2fos are disintegrating.

ton

ordered. VXI are the comfiest riding shoes ever……. FACT 😀

andy4d

How do people find these size up. My shoes are usually a 9. Do you just buy your normal size or do you need to go bigger (like I do with Merrells, I take a 10 in them).

mehr
    Free Member

the vxi’s are true to size, or at least are for me

wishiwascalledsteve

I find them sized about right. I’m a 12.5 and wear 12 in five tens.

andy4d

Cheers. Size 9 it is then.

geoffj

Ordered some bargain VXis. Thanks for the headsup.

simon_g

Thanks. £32.49 pair of Sleuths on the way.

the-muffin-man

Sure I’ve seen these for £10 a pair in the Daily Mail TV Guide – in 4 colours too!…

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks OP!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Good timing! Thanks op.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

bollox I’ve just bought a pair for £80, and in a shite colour so I only had to sell one kidney

sirromj

Dirtbags in clearance, 1p off!

ogden
    Free Member

What are they like for general trail riding? Seem to be advertised as a downhill shoe.

Cheers

geoffj

What are they like for general trail riding? Seem to be advertised as a downhill shoe.

OK as long as you don’t have to do much walking. The grip is for flat pedals not muddy trails.

Painey
    Free Member

Cheers OP!

Kahurangi

The soles on ok for walking in but the stealth rubber layer peels off after a year or two. You’ll have to stick it back on with freesole or shoe glu.

(my experience on 2 x pairs of Elements VXi)

jamesy01
    Free Member

Thanks OP, you just cleaned out my PP account!

I found freeriders sized up small on me so bought the next size up…

bigbloke
    Free Member

Nice one OP pair vxi on they’re way £57

transporter13
    Free Member

Cheers op

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cos they’re discontinued due to shiteness if you actually wear them on a bike. “The soles are designed to last 30 hrs”

ton

Cos they’re discontinued due to shiteness if you actually wear them on a bike. “The soles are designed to last 30 hrs”

don’t talk shyte.
    I wear em week in week on on the bike and ride far more miles than you ever have.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Decent pedals & decent pins = sloes fall off, fast.

Both my pairs are ShoeGoo’d back together. The actual outer ‘crust’ is surprisingly thin. It’s a shame they don’t last well, as I think they are brilliant shoes otherwise.

I won’t buy another pair, even at £57. Waiting for the new Freerider Pro’s instead to come down as they seem to address the issues I have 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Just ordered a couple of pairs of VXi. Will give them a try.
    Riding buddy had VXi sole fall off last year too. CRC warrantied it without question.
    I’ve been using Freeriders over same period and found that whilst the soles stay on better (stitched), the insoles collapsed completely within a year. They are also a bit quick to wet and a bit slow to dry.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ride far more miles than you ever have.

a bold play! your move wysiwigg!

I’ve been put off them due to the old crocodile mouth , my riding pals wont buy them anymore

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Well a pair lasts me 5/6 weeks of whistler/France before they’re falling apart. The pins wear a hole around the stealth logo where it’s thin and they delaminate. That’s with Nano pedals and prob 600 miles of dh.

And the quote is from the guy who designed them. “When the marketing team put them out they didn’t mention they were for race only, like a super tacky tyre, the soles are designed to last 30 days. So we’re stopping making them and putting the standard sole compound on the new vxi which are due Jan”. If they didn’t keep warranting them I wouldn’t ride them @£130 a pop.

ton

pair on the right are a year old iirc. ones on the left about 5 month

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FnPvbU]cidImage_FOTE4FB.JPG[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Well a pair lasts me 5/6 weeks of whistler/France before they’re falling apart. The pins wear a hole around the stealth logo where it’s thin and they delaminate. That’s with Nano pedals and prob 600 miles of dh.

Yep, that’s exactly where mine go, then it just pulls away from there.

Also, my later pair the sole is falling off from the instep edge. Basically, the ShoeGoo holds them together.

As a shoe, they are great, the sole is annoyingly fragile though.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

6 weeks worn every day

Maybe there’s a difference in our riding style.

chakaping
    Free Member

Some of the VXi soles die quick and some don’t IME. Got a refund on the ones that did though.

wysiwyg – Kudos for getting your money’s worth. I’d probably have stopped wearing them a bit before you did.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I wasn’t paying Whistler prices for replacements.

ton

wysiwyg, when i posted this earlier,

I wear em week in week on on the bike and ride far more miles than you ever have.

i thought i had added a wink.. 😉

i didnt mean to come over as a complete ****. apologies to you mate if i did so. 😳

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘PSA 5-10’s on CRC’ is closed to new replies.