Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • PSA: 1/4 inch drive socket set £10.62 Halfords
  • DrP

Meh..I had to venture into hove on the way to Big Dog.. I felt agreived…!!

DrP

wwaswas

It was your go faster vest that cowed them into submission…

andysredmini
    Free Member

The 3/8″ set is now down to £12.50 but be quick. There were 1090 people viewing them when I looked earlier.

slimjim78
    Free Member

The thread that keeps on giving. 3/8 set reserved, thanks andy

slimjim78
    Free Member
    sadexpunk

The 3/8″ set is now down to £12.50 but be quick. There were 1090 people viewing them when I looked earlier.

lovely, ordered a set plus some torx bits.

ill go look see if theres any masonry drill bits on sale too.

thanks

EDIT: whats the discount?

Poopscoop

Probably British Cycling discount bud.

swdan
    Free Member

The B17TOOLS15 code posted on the front page still works if that’s what you mean

benp1

The 3/8 and 1/2 inch sets are 12 point drive thought, not 6 point

andy4d

Ah god. Must resist….not needed……Got the 1/4 one the other day…..dont need a second set……do I?

Please be out of stock, please be out of stock,

Oh cock….

Killer
    Free Member

tried to get the 3/8″ set, but they’re only avaialable in a few shops in london area as far as i can tell and some weird places like Salisbury, berwick, galashiels, bodmin.

if anybody fancies getting me a set and posting them to me i’d be eternally grateful! but otherwise looks like i was too slow!

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Looks like ‘Halfords’ are also selling the 3/8 set on eBay for the same price.. in case you missed out on the offer

RustyNissanPrairie

It was never £180 (or worth it if it was), is Halfords the OnOne of the DIY car tinkering world?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Each one of the deep sockets would cost £5-£7 individually, the 12pt ratchet around £30, a few extension bars etc, plus a lifetime guarantee. What would you say it was worth out of interest?

mechanicaldope

How much of an issue is it with these two being 12 point rather than 6? Enough to make it not worth while?

newrobdob
    Free Member

I find 6 point great when you’re dealing with stuck bolts/nuts which might be a little worn. 12 point can be easier to get onto a nut or bolt in a tight access situation and are fine for most nuts and bolt in good condition. I’ve only had to resort to a 6 point a couple of times on my 20 year old car.

I’ve got the Halfords 60 piece pro socket set and it’s done most jobs on my car without breaking a sweat. I’ve added onto it the ratcheting spanner (why did I not get some of these years ago they are awesome!!), a long breaker bar and a couple of extensions. I also bought a couple of single torx and hex sockets for individual jobs.

I had one of the ratcheting spanners break on me and when I went into Halfords they gave me a new one before I’d even finished saying hello! Replacing instantly no fuss, no receipt asked for!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Just shelled out on the 28pc 3/8 drive, and 55pc 1/2″.. nearly had to ask for assistance carrying that lot to my car.

Call me Mr Socket from now on.

mechanicaldope

I appear to now own the 1/4 and 1/2 socket sets… Bargin. Incidentally, has anyone ready the BC Halfords t&c’s recently?

paladin

mechanicaldope
    -has anyone ready the BC Halfords t&c’s recently?

😆 😆 😆

spacemonkey

• Discount cannot be used in conjunction with other instore promotions.
    • Discount not applicable on sale items.

Let’s hope Halfords’ staff don’t get wind if this 😀

slimjim78
    Free Member

I literally asked for ‘my 10% discount’ earlier and the lovely salesperson couldn’t apply it fast enough

mechanicaldope

@spacemonkey – I wasn’t going to completely spell it out!

Must be a recent change as until recently it explicitly said it was allowed.

rt60
    Free Member

Well I ordered three of the 3/8″ sets and they arrived this morning. A real bargain and two of them will be going out to Sierra Leone with a friend who is teaching mechanics out there and in need of tools so a feel good side to it too. So thank you OP!

handyman153
    Free Member

Evening All,

I was lucky enough to get 3 of these (1/4 inch), one for me and 2 for the other guys at work.
    They however have turned there noses up at them! So I’ve got 2 going spare.

Anybody really struggling for tools?
    Email in profile, and I’ll send them out tomorrow FOC!

Mods – not looking for any money on these, so I hope it’s ok to sneak a classified type add in here!

geoffj

handyman153 – yes please and I’ll happily pay for one.

I’ve sent you an email.

handyman153
    Free Member

Geoff –

Lovely, fire me an email with your address on.

With a bit of postage £15 sounds fair?
    Would you mind clicking the donate button on here –
    Ride for Charlie

geoffj

Done! Great Idea BTW

hairybiker84
    Free Member

And I’d like the other one if that’s OK? Just about to send you an email.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Only available in Dumbarton store 🙁 Looks like I missed out, unless anyone else has a spare set.

wwaswas

Look ok ebay – they had them on there at the same price. You have to pay postage if total order less than £30 though.

handyman153
    Free Member

Sorry for bringing this post back to life!

However, I went into my local Halfords this evening, to find loads of the 27 Piece sockets sets available for £12.50.

They aren’t available online anymore, so if anybody missed out last time let me know and I’ll grab a couple and send them out?
    No profit intended, I just wouldn’t want people to miss out!

Email in profile.
    Josh

schmiken

I’ll have a set please!

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 1/4 inch drive socket set £10.62 Halfords’ is closed to new replies.