Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA: 13 assassins Film4 9pm
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Cracking film. Well worth a watch.

juanking

Arigato.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Ermmm… de nada! 😆

stuey
    Free Member

loving it , but man its brutal – with out the ‘mountain man’s’ levity it would be too brutal.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Aye possibly the mountain man is a curiosity still never have figured out the last bit! Which I’ll no spoil yet!

stuey
    Free Member

phew he’s immortal 🙂
    Great film.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Aye that’s the bit. What was that all about? Was he actually real or some kind of spirit or something? Still confused!

stuey
    Free Member

I’m going with ‘Pan’/demon/ wood spirit – they all saw him – and he likes wrestling bears.

stuey
    Free Member

But who’s Upashi?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Upashi was mountain mans boss’s missus that mm was trying it on with, why he was in the trap at the beginning.

stuey
    Free Member

– yeah I got that bit – but I don’t believe he’s a mortal man – so is he really chasing a mortal woman?

number18
    Free Member

No Country for Old Men is now on!

juanking

That was an awesome film. If you enjoyed it then check out the Lone Wolf and Cub movies.

stuey
    Free Member

– there’s only so much blood shed I can take –
    Beside “Hard Target” is on ITV4 😉

– quick google fu – seems quite a bit cut out of the international release –
    ’64:34
    During the night begore the battle, Koyata sits on a scaffold and says “Upashi” which is the name of his wife. Then follows a short flashback where you see her at the river. Then we see Koyata on the scaffold again. The international version does not show the first shot of Koyata and instead immediately shows Upashi. Koyata’s mentioning of her name was postponed to the scene of her at the river. The cut itself seems to be a little odd. Upashi apparently eats her own fetus at the riverbank, a method which in Japanese mythology hints at the fact that she might be a demon; thus, they could probably have cut this scene out along with all the other supernatural scenes. Apparently, they wanted to keep the fact that Koyata is married in the movie; the producers probably hoped that not too many people might know what the scene is supposed to mean.
    10.5s ‘ – there’s more ‘demon’ cut scenes – must try and get the Japanese release.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 13 assassins Film4 9pm’ is closed to new replies.