Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • PSA: £10 off orders over £50 at CRC if paying via paypal.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Not sure if this is already been covered so apologies if a re-post.

peterfile
    Free Member

Hmmm, I got an email from Paypal about that offer…but it’s for £10 off orders over £40?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

how? Does it take the £10 off automatically?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I got this too, bought some items the other day and got £10 into my paypal account (no emails mentioning the offer).

Then received an email this morning offering £10 back when I spend £40, bought some more stuff but it hasn’t put £10 back into my account yet. The offer only started today so assume there should be another £10 on it’s way…

teadrinker
    Free Member

Sorry, yes for £40 not £50 😳

When I went through the checkout process via paypal it automatically applied £10 off.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Is this solely to selected Paypal account holders or all CRC/Paypal purchases?

I just tried it and it didn’t remove £10 at the Paypal stage…

annebr
    Free Member

According to the T&C in the email…

*Subject to the following terms and conditions of this promotion (“Promotion”). You may participate in (and hereby receive the benefit of) the Promotion (as an “Eligible Customer”) only if PayPal has sent you an email inviting you to do so. The Promotion starts at 00.01 UK time on 16 October 2014 and ends at the earlier of the following: (i) the time that the aggregate monetary amount credited by PayPal to Eligible Customers under the Promotion reaches GBP 80,000.00; (ii) the time of termination of the Promotion by PayPal at any time for any reason in its sole discretion; or (iii) 23.59 on 30 October 2014 UK time (“Promotional Period”). When an Eligible Customer pays with PayPal for a single purchase of the value of at least GBP 40.00 for the first time during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Payment”), PayPal shall credit the Eligible Customer’s PayPal account with GBP 10.00, which amount shall be used solely to fund the Qualifying Payment, provided that the total Qualifying Payments from all similar customers do not exceed the maximum payable for this Promotion at the time of purchase. The funds available for distribution in this promotion are limited. PayPal may cancel the offer of payment to you without further notification when funds available for distribution have been exhausted. The benefit derived from this Promotion is valid in the UK only and cannot be combined with any other coupon, offer, discount or promotion code and may not be redeemed for cash. Void where prohibited. PayPal may suspend, change or cancel the Promotion at any time. This includes the right to substitute any offered benefit for one of equivalent value, change the specification of the benefit or the duration of the Promotional Period and/or amend the terms and conditions of this Promotion without notice. To the extent allowed under applicable law, PayPal excludes all liability arising from your participation in this Promotion. Nothing in these terms shall limit PayPal’s liability for death, personal injury or fraud. English Law governs this Promotion and these terms and conditions. PayPal, as promoter, is PayPal Pte. Ltd., a company registered in Singapore with registered office at 5 Temasek Boulevard, Suntec Tower 5 #09-01, Singapore 038985. PayPal, as payment service provider for Europe, is PayPal (Europe) Sàrl. et Cie, SCA, registered with number R.C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349 and with registered office at 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.

And…

1. Shop

Shop before 30 October at ChainReactionCycles.com.

1. Shop

Shop before 30 October at ChainReactionCycles.com.

2. Pay

Check out using PayPal. There’s no need to enter a code – your offer will automatically be applied to your purchase.

2. Pay

Check out using PayPal. There’s no need to enter a code – your offer will automatically be applied to your purchase.

3. Save

You won’t see the savings from your offer at the ChainReactionCycles checkout, but it will appear on your PayPal receipt and in your PayPal account. This offer can’t be transferred or shared between accounts.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Boo, guess i’m not one of the chosen ones then!

teadrinker
    Free Member

Tallpaul I’ll process an order for you if you want. You’ll have to paypal the money over to me though, as dodgy as this sounds it is a genuine offer, email in profile 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Just got a 105 5800 11spd groupset. £286 after their 10% COMP code, had a £5 voucher oddly sat attached to my basket without doing anything, then paid by paypal (and paypal page showed “£10 promotion” and shows on PP receipt) so £271. Result.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Could have had another 2.1% cash back with TCB too

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Could have had another 2.1% cash back with TCB too

oh I’m all over TCB, just don’t count my chickens 😉

cloudnine
    Free Member

Crc seems excellent at paying out on TCB.. Even had cash back on returned orders

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Teadrinker, that’s an enormously kind offer. However, it would only be a whim purchase of some 105 pedals, so I should resist.

burt
    Free Member

ok whats the catch with TCB, just signed up and it seems they will give me free money if i click through their site, am i overthinking this or should i get prepared for an onslaught of email offers

teadrinker
    Free Member

Well if you change your mind tallpaul just give me a shout.

cloudnine
    Free Member

ok whats the catch with TCB, just signed up and it seems they will give me free money if i click through their site, am i overthinking this or should i get prepared for an onslaught of email offers

Nope.. you just get % of money back. Not sure what the point of it is but theres also some good deals to be had on insurance, breakdown cover etc too

granny_ring

Never had a problem with TCB and CRC, it tracks and then pays out sometime down the line.

davosaurusrex

Strangely I’m also after some 105 pedals and at 38 quid I would have them but I’m not one of the chosen ones either. And when I think of all the loot I’ve put through PayPal, oooh, it fair grips my shiz!

peterfile
    Free Member

If anyone want my £10 off, email me and we’ll sort something out via paypal., I won’t use it and it seems silly for a 25% discount to go to waste!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

ok whats the catch with TCB

there is no catch, theyre sharing the referral fee that the likes of google (or STW…) get from you clicking through a link. Takes a while to pay out but Ive had £200 back in last 18 months mainly from bike shops (wiggle, CRC, merlin etc) and the likes of Argos (and sending referral links to mates).

I paid £5 for a month trial of LoveFilm via TCB and got more than a fiver back- they paid me to watch films for a month!

Scapegoat

So, bought a shadow plus XT mech and a new chain after trashing mine yesterday, used a CRC £5 voucher from my last purchase, plus the currnt COMP code for 10% off components, and paid by PayPal, total bill reduced from £59 to £39. Result!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I bought an X01 chainset that was £260 ,reduced to £140,10% off to £126,£5 off voucher to £121 and £10 back from pay pal to £111!!! They are £143+vat at TRADE!!!

xcstu
    Free Member

So do you have to put a code in or is it just a link from the email off paypal?

mudmonster
    Free Member

Think you just pay using PayPal and £10 gets put in your PayPal account.

AlexSimon

Anybody getting the £10 off even though they never received the email?

lparker88
    Free Member

Has anybody tried this who didnt receive the email?

If anybody is kind enough to help out with this I would very much appreciate it 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Yes, i did.

If i immediately clicked “paypal checkout” it didn’t work.

But it i logged in, then went throught the checkout thingy but at the last stage, before card payments clicked “paypal”, then it worked.

damascus
    Free Member

I used mine last week after I received an email but I got another email today, so does that mean I can make another purchase and get another £10 off paying by pp?

jackal
    Free Member

Is it a once use only thing or can I split my order and use it multiple times (I’m guessing no)…..?

lparker88
    Free Member

Tried placing an order this morning and doesnt appear to have worked for me, I didnt originally receive the email which seems to indicate its account specific.
    Some people report logging into Paypal and clicking wallet and then My saved offers and then it shows here (but not for me)

rocketman
    Free Member

Used mine yesterday it would’ve been rude not to

Logged on to CRC and paid by Paypal. The checkout shows the full price but Paypal charged my card £10 less

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘PSA: £10 off orders over £50 at CRC if paying via paypal.’ is closed to new replies.