Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PS4…. What do I need to know?
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…
    After year’s of good service it is time to retire the 360. Looking at the ps4 as it seems like the better machine. Is there anything that I need to know before purchasing one?
    Cheers

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Buy a years ps plus. You can use any 3.5mm headphones or headset plugged direct into the pad (iPhone earbuds get bad feedback in my experience)

Buy the 1tb model if you can afford it as the 500gb gets sapped up with game installs fairly quickly.

Best console I own tbh have both the Xbox one and the ps4/ps3 and the ps4 gets the most use.

daftvader
    Free Member

Cheers for that… Looking forward getting a new machine…

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I went with the 500gb on release day (only one available) but I soon upgraded to a 3tb HDD after I gained a collection of games most use about 32-50gb space as you have to install them first before playing them. But if you find some games you don’t play as much just delete off the HDD and install again when you fancy a play to save space as the game saves are sent to a online cloud for safety. (Must turn this option on in settings)

daftvader
    Free Member

Any recommendations? Will be getting the starwars battlefront and Disney infinity… Any good run around and blow shit up games?

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Just cause 3 for pure blowing up stuff and action. Star wars battlefront a bit meh IMO no career only online play and it will be mostly dlc for the better maps etc.

Fallout 4 is a epic game and takes a while to get into but very very well though out and addictive.

Battlefield 4 is a awsome shooter much more too it than COD and more realistic and is sometimes on offer on the ps store for 25 quid for the premium edition with all maps etc.

Gta5 another cracking game and witcher 3 another good game.

daftvader
    Free Member

Absolutely hated fallout 3 so 4 isn’t going to happen… What’s dlc? Just cause looks good as does the new rainbow 6.

Creg

Destiny Legendary Edition is in the PS store sale currently, think its £30 for the base game plus the three DLC’s as well.

They also have Borderlands Handsome Collection on there too, somewhere around the £20 mark IIRC (worth it as it’s borderlands 2, borderlands pre sequel and a load of DLC as well. Hilarious game that’s got a lot of replay value)

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Dlc stands for download content a separate cost ontop of the standalone game ie for extra maps or missions/levels or guns etc.

Most games don’t warrant the extra dlc but some are half a game until you buy the extra dlc ie star wars (unfortunately) but that’s my opinion just feels a shell of a game.

How could I forget destiny that’s another belting game I bought the whole edition off ps last week on a flash sale at 24.95 for the full game Inc all extra dlc.

Drac

There’s a big January sale on just now with some great bargains. I’d sat forget Destiny it’s Ok but repetitive and very short.

If you have a family member or trusted friend you can share digital downloads so half the cost of the game with them.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

MGS:V Phantom Pain is worth a look.

I also happen to be selling a mint copy of said game 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PS4…. What do I need to know?’ is closed to new replies.