Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PS4 – second hand or new?
  • matt_outandabout

Middle_oab is saving for one.

Do they ever go down in price/better deal?
    Is it worth saving the 50-100 on a second hand one, or do we*need* the warranty?
    Is the 1tb worth extra, it can he get away with 500gb?
    Best deal for one with star wars bake front…?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I would consider going for new, as you will get the new C-Chassis models. Whereas secondhand it might be the older revisions. Nothing wrong with them, but the new ones are quieter, more efficient and have a few other upgrades.

I have a 1TB and am never going to fill it, would have been fine with 500gb, but deal worked out the same. It’s handy to know it’s there I guess, but if he isn’t going to be downloading too much digital content then 500gb should be ok. Probably only save around £30 dropping the HD down.

What sort of budget does he have? Might work out cheaper to buy a PS4 with another game bundled, sell the game, and buy Battlefront separately.

…unless you mean this one:

star wars bake front…?

Starring Luke Piewalker?

revs1972
    Free Member

Check shops like CEX as they offer a 12 month warranty on second hand goods

Rockplough
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry too much about storage. It’s relatively simple to plop a bigger drive in later, and doing so does not void the warranty.

matt_outandabout

He just wants the plain one, so 500gb and pick the best deal…

jaylittle
    Free Member

Looking at the price they are fetching second hand i would pay the extra and buy new.

Drac

Have a look for special deals but secondhand is find. I’ve upgraded to 1Tb and its filling up as I buy my games as downloads so I can share them across devices.

johnw1984
    Free Member

You can actually buy official refurbed ones. They are called “graded” but from a quick search, it looks like they are sold out everywhere.

They came with a 12 month warranty.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PS4 – second hand or new?’ is closed to new replies.