• This topic has 29 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PS3 On-line multiplayer games
  • jon1973
    Free Member

OK, so I just got a PS3 as a Birthday pressie to myself – with GTA4 and Battlefield BC.

Other PS3 gamers out there – what on-line games do you play?

alexonabike

COD4 and 6 are among the best for online action.

grantway
    Free Member

Terminator and Modern Warfare 2 and Resistance Fall of Man

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Just new to PS3 (xmas pressy). Have got Metal Gear, COD MW2 (amazing!) and GTurismo, still to try online stuff, but will soon 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

Think I'll go for COD MW2 as well, heard some good things about it.

EA on-line servers seem a bit touch and go though – not always possible to connect to a game.

Drac

EA servers have been very good of late.

Latest is MAG due out end of this month there's a Open Beta download at the minute but proved impossible to play due to busy servers.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Modern Warfare 2 is all you need!

Drac

Oh and.

http://codmw2stw.s2.bizhat.com/index.php?mforum=codmw2stw

STW very own console geek forum.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Cod MW2 here too. Its what the PS3 was invented for!!

jon1973
    Free Member

thanks guys – just ordered cod mw2 on Amazon (don't tell the wife).

That codmw2stw link looks good too. See you on line then!!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

unless it's already been done we get set up a COD Mw2 clan tag or something!

cb

Does nobody play Killzone 2?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As above MW2 is the definative multiplayer game at the moment.

brackan
    Free Member

can you use a usb mouse to play mw2 on ps3

grantway
    Free Member

Use your Controler bracken and play as normal.

jon1973
    Free Member

bracken – quite new to console gaming coming from a PC background. The controller takes some getting used to but is very intuitive after a while, in fact it makes the mouse seen quite awkward.

As grantway says, get used to the controller, it's worth it – not that you really have a choice if you have a ps3 🙂

plus I'm not sure how a mouse with no keyboard would work.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Loving mw2 but trying the beta for bad company 2, due in march and i'm not overly impressed with it, it's trying to be too accurate. The gameplay suffers for it imo. MW2 really is sets a very high standard for first person shooters. I liked killzone and bad company, it's annoying that MW2 is SO good! STW is the clan tag

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I'll join the STW clan!

ex-pat
    Free Member

Not multi-player, but I've been really enjoying Deadspace. Also, Red Faction Guerrilla is amazing to play (though not really much online going on).
    Motorstorm Pacific Rift is OK on-line as a racing game, as is GT5 Prologue

Milkie
    Free Member

COD MW2 is amazing online. Very impressed by it!

Also play GHWT, GH5, GT5p and Burnout online.

If you haven't joined the STW clan, join now!!

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Posted an entry looking for game on the STW MW2 forum, anyone up for a few games?

New to this so don't really know the full gen, etiquette etc 😳

monkey_boy
    Free Member

there is only one game you will need, which hopefully after 300 years of waiting will be out soon.

Gran Tursimo 5!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese hurry up….

monkey_boy
    Free Member

sorry got carried away, yes Call of duty modern warfare 3 is very good BUT don't forget the one before 'call of duty world at war' and get the 3rd map pack for Zombies!!!

with reference to the STW COD forum i set up can all the PS3 players please arrange a mass fight!?

all arrange a time and play all out death match on the RUST map, played it the other night about 8 on each side it was utter madness i tell thee!

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

ex-pat – Member

Not multi-player, but I've been really enjoying Deadspace

Only had the console a few months but deadspace is by far the best game i have ever played.

jon1973
    Free Member

monkey_boy. Seen some clips on Amazon and it does indeed look the nuts. I'm tempted to pre-order it. (GT5 that is)

clip

monkey_boy
    Free Member

yes it does look nuts, apparently you can do a full 'pimp my ride' and stick pictures of your face and other horrible things on the side of your motor… formula 1 and rally car manufacturers have all signed up for it aswell and when manufacturers bring out new cars they will be made available to download.

i'll never forget how long it took to compelte the beginner lessons on the PS2 version…. remember the dog viper you had to keep in a tight 360 circle (or did i dream that?)

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I've joined the STW clan on PS3, but also looking forward to Gran Turismo coming out. Anyone playing the online challenge to win a race seat?

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

not fast enough…

Saccades
    Free Member

Warhawk.

Drac

Alien Vs Predator is on my list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg6KrRbt1Jk

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PS3 On-line multiplayer games’ is closed to new replies.