Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • P*s* Pots helmets and Mountain biking??
  • hicksville
    Free Member

How do those pee pots like Pro-Tec Ace Helmet or TSG Superlight Helmet go on compared to a MTB helmet? Ventalation and protection?? Is this like bar ends on risers a fashion faux par or okay?

rolfharris
    Free Member

Hotter, many don't make the EU testing standards and they're often heavier.

That's why people make things like the Giro Hex- piss pot coverage, but MTB comfort and venting.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Used one exclusively for a while,(Bell Faction) and still my winter helmet of choice (nice and warm). Swapped to something with more ventilation for this summer though. Protection levels are the same i believe, but obviously not as ventilated.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I wear a Giro Flak in the winter sometimes – damn hot any other time!

MrAgreeable

I have a Bell one like Swiftacular's. The outer shell is quite a bit thicker than a normal MTB helmet but the fit is a bit more hit and miss – there is no internal adjustment apart from changing the pads for thicker or thinner ones. My normal MTB lid is much more comfortable and seems to fit a bit more securely, so I tend to wear that instead.

5lab

meets just as many eu standards if its marketed as a bike helmet

strong outer shell means it can take quite a few more knocks before replacing, if you're into crashing

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IMO marginally more protection – they tend to extend further down the back of the head and the temples – and the smooth shell is better. Fairly marginal tho.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I've got a pro-tec ace and its well warm! Winter night ride lid for me cos I get too hot in it if i ride for any length of time and I got a full facer for silly riding. The sxp version is also supposed withstand several crashes: it's sort of expanded polystyrene but a bit spongy at the same time. It also has quite above average 'thin' padding if you are at the larger end of the 2 sizes the dome comes in (ie if you are an M or XL) I would try whatever one you choose on first though as pads are not going to reconcile different shaped head and 'pot.

mamadirt
    Free Member

More room for stickers innit 😉

OK, so the real reason I wear one is because it doesn't mess up my hair on the commute quite as much as an x/c helmet 😐 .

hicksville
    Free Member

LOL mamadirt, this is for daughter at home who managed to mangle her helmet and now needs a pee pot helmet.

mamadirt
    Free Member

She'll love it then . . . on both counts 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘P*s* Pots helmets and Mountain biking??’ is closed to new replies.