Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Proxy war in Syria about to go hot?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

There are so many participants with various agendas that a catastrophic cluster **** is an odds on certainty.

Of course in addition you have to add Trump to that mix.

piemonster

Haven’t US warplanes already been targeted before in that arena?

(Question, not statement)

dragon
    Free Member

US are saying they contacted the Russian’s first and the Russians are saying they didn’t. So who do you believe?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Russia probably.

freeagent
    Free Member

Didn’t Turkey shoot down a Syrian plan last year??

zokes
    Free Member

Well, it would make a change for coalition pilots to have to deal with a target that can shoot back, rather than bombing civilians.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Turkey shot down a Russian plane.

they better send the Marines and their F-35 over so they can do some real testing of it.

maccruiskeen

US are saying they contacted the Russian’s first and the Russians are saying they didn’t.

The US are probably saying what the Russians told them to say, they maybe just don’t realise it yet. Keith Harris and Orville could never agree on anything either.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well, it would make a change for coalition pilots to have to deal with a target that can shoot back, rather than bombing civilians.

The same could be said of the Russian air force to be fair though.

zokes
    Free Member

The same could be said of the Russian air force to be fair though.

Agreed. Though to be fair, they did have a tangle with the Turks a couple of years ago.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The worlds gone bat **** mental really Zokes – I never thought I’d see the potential for US/Russia shooting match in my lifetime….you know….with the collapse of the wall.

zokes
    Free Member

The worlds gone bat **** mental really Zokes – I never thought I’d see the potential for US/Russia shooting match in my lifetime….you know….with the collapse of the wall.

Agreed once more. Christ on a bike – that’s three times now. The world is truly strange… 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I think most people on here agree with each other on more points than they disagree – save for maybe Jamby and Junkyard. 😆

Most people aren’t actually **** apparently, I’ve learnt this the hard way by actually living with a bunch of deranged politically opinionated oddballs who are a range from possible UKIP voter to a few who go out on left wing protests. We could see the Greenfell fire from our building and all of them did what they could to chip in and then had a drink together, near a canal and had a good laugh as best we could in the June weather. In fact, despite their differences they’re the best bunch of mates I’ve had – like something from Friends.

Which makes the outside world seem a lot more absurd right now, I guess.

zokes
    Free Member

I think most people on here agree with each other on more points than they disagree – save for maybe Jamby and Junkyard.

Well, to be fair, very few people routinely agree with Jamby, save perhaps the incomprehensible mutterings of chewkw.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I like that though, Jambys a good anchor – if left wingers are arguing with him then all is normal with the world – he at least stops the place from turning into circle jerk. I think he’s perfectly capable of putting up a good argument – but just chooses not to, to piss some of us off.

Anyway, I guess the point of my original post is that I’m now starting to think that the chaos in the zoo might have gotten a little too out of hand now…. 😯

zokes
    Free Member

I think he’s perfectly capable of putting up a good argument

Ah good, we can disagree again 😉

I’ve seen no evidence in his years of posting that indicate any ability to prosecute an argument about politics that will stand up to even the weakest scrutiny. In actual fact he makes Davis and May look like a championship team in an oxbridge debating contest by comparison.

I will concede however that he can be very helpful when it comes to Apple product advice.

FuzzyWuzzy

I can’t see the US & Russia going toe-to-toe in Syria, it’s just not worth it to either country. An incident where one side accidentally shoots down a plane of the other is a possibility (but unlikely given the amount of information sharing they’re doing regarding air ops) but even if that happened there would only be a lot of sabre-rattling, huffing and puffing – not even Trump is dumb enough to start a war with Russia (and Putin is smart enough to know he’s not ready for a confrontation yet, still has a few years of destabilising the world then reforming the USSR to do).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Proxy war in Syria about to go hot?’ is closed to new replies.