Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Proud dad
  • Pook

Today my little boy pedaled a bike, unaided, for the first time ever. And had a massive smile on his face.

So did i.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Best ride ever, even though you weren’t riding. Right?

Awesome.

igm

Excellent.

Merak

Ah, bless. Hope to experience that one in my life 🙂

mrhoppy

High five dude. Hoppy jr did at New Year, he’s ridden to school most days since and loves going to the BMX track. Tis ace, their excitement is infectious.

orangespyderman

Had the same a couple of weeks ago and he’s now really got the hang. It’s a fabulous feeling, and I think it is for them too.

flaps
    Free Member

🙂

Got the eldest (7, just) her first mountain bike a couple of weeks back. Today she did 11.3 miles and nailed her new gears. It’s ace getting out with the little ones 🙂

jamj1974

Awesome!!!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Yup yup that’s what it is all about.

Bikes are brilliant.

1-shed
    Free Member

Happy days. Cheers 1 shed.

Bunnyhop

Well done mini pook.
    There will be no stopping him now 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Brilliant isn’t it? I filled up when both of mine managed it.

MoreCashThanDash

Stupidly emotional time when it happens. That realisation on their face when they realise what they have accomplished, and how much wider their self powered horizons can become.

badnewz
    Free Member

Shame he’s just turned 21!

Tracey

That’s great news, all these years on and I still remember it as if it was yesterday with both our girls.

josemctavish
    Free Member

Congratulations, our large 3 year old did the same last weekend – was surprised how chuffed I was! can you get miniature bikepacking gear?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nice one, he’ll be pestering you all summer to ride when you get in from work if mine is anything to go by.

My little lad (4) rattled off a couple of laps of the green at Llandegla at the weekend and loved it.

moonsaballoon

My 3 year old won’t touch his new pedal bike but loves riding his balance bike still , as long as he is riding something and enjoying it I’m happy but can’t wait for him to be pedalling so we can get a bit more adventurous

MrsToast
    Free Member

Awww. Waiting for our son to hit 12 months, so we can pop him in a trailer!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Great stuff Pook. It’s a wonderful sight and feeling isn’t it? Suddenly a whole world of potential and possibilities opens up ahead of you and the family.

My 2 year old girl had her best day ever on her balance bike yesterday. Not quite balancing yet but padding along enthusiastically for a couple of hundred yards.
    My boy of 5 popped his first manual as well. Ok, the front wheel only left the ground by an inch but the technique was sound. It was big enough to nearly bring a grown man to tears.

josemctavish
    Free Member

I think the switch to pedals takes a bit of patience, as you end up walking with them to get them up and running rather than just jumping on your own bike and going out with them shooting along on the balance bike like you’re used to. The hardest part is probably not pushing them too hard to go out and try it! A few more rides home from nursery and we’ll be back to our all weather bike ride/picnics routine again…

Bunnyhop

Congratulations Mrs toast. I didn’t know you had a baby. It explains your lack of posts for a while.

matt_outandabout

Kids on bikes rock….

MoreCashThanDash

can you get miniature bikepacking gear?

Think Alpkit did some?

eulach

You may think it’s fun now but wait until he’s halfway down the starting hill of the bmx track, flat out with no idea what’s going to happen when he hits the first jump.

mark d
    Free Member

My daughter was on a balance bike at 2 but never actually took her feet off the ground and balanced, more using it like a hobby horse.
    At 3 she asked for a bike with pedals, ‘like daddy has’.
    Sure enough we got her one and within the day she was pushing herself off and peddling unaided on two wheels.
    The utter joy of seeing her peddling towards me on my return from work is something that will stay with me for life.
    I enjoy going out with her more just pooltling around the woods than getting out with ‘the lads’ and bashing out black runs.
    It’s a different mentality, one that I hope will continue for a very long time.

strawman
    Free Member

It’s a great feeling that. Loved it when my kids learnt to cycle.

Pook

The moment he realised i was running alongside him rather than behind him and that he was doing it himself was just brilliant. His face lit up. Course he then took his mind off the task in hand and had an alarming wobble, but now he’s asking to go out on his pedal bike loads so it’s already in the car for our trip to the in-laws this weekend.

Happy times!

beagle
    Free Member

Thumbs up Pook!

eskay

Mrs Toast – Member
    Awww. Waiting for our son to hit 12 months, so we can pop him in a trailer!

I thought they could go in a trailer as soon as they could sit unaided. Our two were in one well under a year old.

Well done little pookie!

oink1
    Free Member

We need a thumbs up! 🙂

Pook

One week one (no riding since last week though)

[video]http://vimeo.com/210117588[/video]

cynic-al
    Free Member

*like*

LittleNose
    Free Member

nice one !

very cool little brother stealing a little camera time too 😉

xico
    Free Member

Happy times, OP. Good post!

Pook

It’s little bro’s birthday today so he had to be in on it

Bunnyhop

Brilliant 🙂

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Proud dad’ is closed to new replies.