• This topic has 21 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • WorldTour transfer news
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Tony Martin to Katusha
    Degenklob to Trek Segafredo

Bit disappointed to see Tony go to Katusha given their tainted reputation. Degenklob to Trek is probably a good move for him, less competition with a resurgent Kittel.

And we’ve done Sagan’s move.

Any other big moves?

fathomer

Probably not new but Sagan to Bora-Hansgrohe.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Any news on Bertie?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bertie’s gone to Trek too. Cancellara must have freed up a fair chunk of budget!

cyclistm
    Free Member

is that confirmed?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Can’t see anything on the Trek website but it’s widely reported that the deal has been done.

Oh and almost forgot about Nibali to the new Bahrain team, who’d have thought he’d manage to sign for a team with a more controversial background than Astana 😕

Speaking of controversial, very disappointing to see Bjarne Riis back in team management. Not at WorldTour level but is it more worrying that he’ll now be working with more junior riders who may be easier to influence 🙁

fifeandy
    Free Member

Bertie’s gone to Trek too. Cancellara must have freed up a fair chunk of budget!

Trek have lost a couple more riders that will have been earning much more than they were worth.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/the-cyclingnews-guide-to-2016-2017-rider-transfers/

Roche to BMC, seems like a move from glorified bottle carrier to glorified bottle carrier. He should go back to being a team leader at a small team imo.

Vanmarcke to Cannondale

Can’t find confirmation, but saw rumour that Diego Rosa is heading to Sky

mrblobby
    Free Member

Forgot about Vanmarcke, looks like Boom will replace him. Surprised they haven’t been more active in building a team to support Kruijswijk.

Can’t find confirmation, but saw rumour that Diego Rosa is heading to Sky

Sure I read that somewhere too.

Roche to BMC, seems like a move from glorified bottle carrier to glorified bottle carrier. He should go back to being a team leader at a small team imo.

Guess it balancing individual opportunity against a big paycheque and being part of a winning team.

How about Gilbet, is he going to Etixx?

mrblobby
    Free Member

How about Gilbet, is he going to Etixx?

Now confirmed…

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gilbert-signs-with-etixx-quickstep/

tang
    Free Member

Tao Goeghagan hart up to Sky.

fifeandy
    Free Member

@mrblobby, seems lotto have been active signing climbing support afterall. Van Den Broek signed today as a super domestique.

butcher

Not a transfer as such, but Owain Doull to Sky. Actually signing up some British talent for change.

I think all the big ones have been mentioned already. Surprised about Tony Martin going to Katusha.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Hugh Carthy has gone to Cannondale-Drapac, apparently didn’t even want to talk money when Sky went a-knocking. Looking forward to seeing him ride the Vuelta, attacked Quintana about five times on one climb in (I think) the Tour of Catalunya which shows confidence if nowt else!

atlaz
    Free Member

Hugh Carthy has gone to Cannondale-Drapac, apparently didn’t even want to talk money when Sky went a-knocking

My guess is there is little guarantee for being able to ride the Tour except as anything other than a domestique for Froome until he’s had enough of that race. Probably why Roche left really, with Froome also starting the Vuelta as team leader it doesn’t leave much for someone who thinks they’re GC.

mrblobby
    Free Member

TBH a bit surprised that Froome is going for GC in the Vuelta. Thought they might have given that to Landa, though doesn’t look on the best form.

Good to see Loto buying in support for Stevie K.

lunge

Landa hasn’t looked on the pace at all, doesn’t seem as “prepared” as last year…

cyclistm
    Free Member

Based on his performance at the Vuelta Contador doesn’t seem such a great purchase for anyone at the moment. I’m assuming trek will confirm the signing on one of the rest days?

I really hope he gets back to form soon as we really need him to spice up the TdeF GC fight.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Only 30 seconds lost on Valverde and Froome. Stupid steep finishes don’t suit everyone, and this one came very early in the race. I’d not write him off yet.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

although at age 34 he can’t have too many GT’s left in him

atlaz
    Free Member

The last time someone a 36 year old won the Tour was 1922. Cuddles won it when he was 33 or 34 I think but mid-30s is pretty rare in the modern era

hammerite
    Free Member

Whilst I would prefer not to mention Chris Horner’s Vuelta win and his age…

lunge

Whilst I would prefer not to mention Chris Horner’s Vuelta win and his age…

I believe the correct term is “not normal”…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘WorldTour transfer news’ is closed to new replies.