Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Propper gutted….
  • thehustler
    Free Member

Tomorrow was supoposed to be a bit of a right of passage for my 7yr old, taking him to see the Olympic football (Spain v Morocco) at Old Traford, so special in so many ways, first game first olympics, old trafford all in one go.

Wife has taken kids up to g’parents for a couple of days B4 and I now find out (just now) Grandad has bought tickets to take him to see a friendly (man city v latics) tonight

Takes the whole shine off what was supposed to be a really special night tomorrow,

G’ parent one upmanship really pisses me off sometimes

watsontony
    Free Member

g’dad probs dident know when he bought the tickets? if he did then yea hes a ****

IHN

That, I have to say, is a c**t’s trick to pull by his grandad 🙁

logical
    Free Member

Wouldn’t say G’parent one upmanship. How many times could he see city play theoretically? And how many Olympics is he going to go to in his home country? I’d say Olympics still a bigger deal. Will be something he remembers for the rest of his life.

Plus Old Trafford is an amazing Stadium!! Dunno if you can get a tour before match?

alpin
    Free Member

i bet he knew…..

Cougar

Was it intentional or accidental?

Coyote
    Free Member

I really can’t believe that he knew you’d already bought tickets, that would be very low. If he did however, then a ‘word’ is definitely in order.

#edit – How come grandparent’s tickets take priority over dad’s

#edit no.2 – Kid gets to go to two games? I can see that the shine may be taken off a bit but it’s hardly the end of the world.

thehustler
    Free Member

G’dad is going with us tomorrow and bought the other tickets yesterday……

matt_bl
    Free Member

Cheap shot, but let’s focus on the real tragedy here….

Taking the poor kid to see city!

Matt

IHN

Then I stand by my first answer.

dti

City Fan?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

G’dad is going with us tomorrow and bought the other tickets yesterday……

Bit naughty then – any explanation given?

binners

Does that mean he’s going to end up a Blue? Have you contacted social services?

watsontony
    Free Member

tell him you have “lost” his ticket. at least then the memorys of the olympic games are with you and not him

loum
    Free Member

He deserves to be known as Granddad OurSoul from now on.

TheWrongTrousers

Poor kid, two football matches in two days ? that’s almost child abuse
    😀

portlyone

I’m going to the Spain game tomorrow too. Make grandad buy the drinks tomorrow, over £7 a pint I heard…

mrchrispy

+1 on loosing his ticket tomorrow then, that’ll teach him

cbike
    Free Member

Take what you are gied and be grateful. Grandparents are not around forever.

Harry_the_Spider

I think the Olympics at OT will blow a City friendly out of the water.

portlyone

Taking him to the game was punishment enough!

freddyg
    Free Member

Although its potentially a bit of a sh!tty trick, CBike has a point. Plus, it may not have even entered into his head that you had placed so much importance on this.

BoardinBob

1st World Problems 😉

takisawa2

Been a few years since I went to a footie match, but a full house at Old Trafford is one hell of a place to be, even as a Villa Fan. 🙂

Not watched fottball at Man City’s (new) ground but seen a concert there & that was bad enough.

If his GP new what you were planning then he wants a slap. Eeedjit.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Getting a kid into football is punishment enough IMO 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

matt_bl – Member

Cheap shot, but let’s focus on the real tragedy here….

Taking the poor kid to see football!

FTFY 😀

Northwind

FWIW when I was 7 I’d have been pretty unimpressed to be taken to a football match, especially one all tied up in olympics cobblers. A local friendly would have appealed more, probably. But if I was offered to go and see something I wanted to do, I’d rather do it twice than do it once but that once would be special.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a lovely idea you had and I think it’s fairly likely that grandad has been an arris or at least thoughtless… But I think your kid will enjoy both, 7 year olds don’t generally need things to be made special for them, they’ll do it themselves. Parents often make big special firsts for themselves.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Propper gutted….’ is closed to new replies.