Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Property auctions
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Going to one (and bidding) for the first time tomorrow.

Any tips, must dos/do nots etc.

Looking forward to it – it will blow Ebay-Fever out of the water quite spectacularly.

🙂

mtbfix

Do not get drawn into a bidding war and pay more than you wanted to. Good luck.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Will have 10% of my best offer as a Banker's draft in my pocket and my father in law on hand with another cheeky £10k as a gift if we feel we are almost there with our bid. So basically I know what I will pay and we won't go over it.

(gulps)

cuckoo
    Free Member

make sure you can see who your bidding against (ie make sure they actually exist and are not just a wall). I was told that the person selling the house can bid on the auction too!! Not sure if this was a wind-up though.

iDave
    Free Member

stand at the back of the room, with a view of the whole room.

set a limit – stick with it – in theory

i've bought three places at auction, the first one i was bidding against a ghost

don't jump in too early

next ones I was more clued up – good luck

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Blimey that was exciting! I didn't win the auction – the price went way over our maximum in the end. I did get to put a bid in though when bidding had appeared to stall around our maximum – my heart was pounding sooo hard.

Definitely going to go again next month – just to watch. It felt like Ebay on Speed. Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Property auctions’ is closed to new replies.