Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Proper road bike shops closeish to Manchester?
  • hora
    Free Member

By proper I mean not just bling bikes and sales patter but good solid advice/no pressure with good bikes rather than carbon everywhere. I remember Geoffrey Butler in Croydon was good to visit.

TBH I’m not keen on Harry Hall after a previous visit.

project
    Free Member

Royles in Wilmlslow.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Try Eddie McGraths in Urmston. Phil & Stuart will give you good advice and are in the Manchester Wheelers. They are Giant dealers but can source other stuff. They can also do you a fitting.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Royles is OK but it’s all a bit bling. Customer service can be a little hit and miss too.

I can get you a good deal on a New Dawes Century SE if you like Mark…

Vortexracing

Paul Hewitt in Leyland.

Absolutely no pressure to buy and a fitting service 2nd to non.

hora
    Free Member

Audux bike? I like the idea of steel. Plus it’d be a good bike for commuting. My track bike needs a new rear wheel and chainset at the moment.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Audax and yes. Comes with full guards. Reviewed well according to road.cc too.

I fancied one but can’t really justify it at the moment.

crikey
    Free Member

Surosa in Oldham.
    MK Cycles in Bolton.
    Race Scene in Barnsley.

hora
    Free Member

AnyH – what happened to that nice carbon bike with those tatty upgraded wheels? 😉

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Andyhilton – Member
    Try Eddie McGraths in Urmston. Phil & Stuart will give you good advice and are in the Manchester Wheelers. They are Giant dealers but can source other stuff. They can also do you a fitting.

all the good stuff is upstairs, it’s a quality old school LBS, looked after me on a warranty issue

also good

Surosa in Oldham.
    MK Cycles in Bolton

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Pedal Sport in Halifax

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Sold that last year with those beautiful RS80s! Got a Felt F3 with Kysrium elites now.

hora
    Free Member

Andy, how does it compare to your Ribble Ribelle?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Proper road bike shops closeish to Manchester?’ is closed to new replies.