Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Professional dog walkers.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Can you really say that you always pick up their crap when you are walking along rolling a fag and you have half a dozen dogs running around off the lead? That was really the first time you missed one? Don’t you just love the smell of dog shit in this hot weather.

Onzadog
    Free Member

How can you honestly know if it’s the first one you’ve missed? There’s no way of knowing if you missed others, because you missed them.

jon1973
    Free Member

There are plenty of non-professional dog walkers who don;t clean up after their dogs. I think some of them even smoke roll-ups.

tomd
    Free Member

I think I live quite near you Steven. I’ve seen a veritable sea of dog crap left behind by one professional dog walker in the local woods. It was early morning and I assume he though no one would notice. Absolute rank.

ricky1
    Free Member

I’m glad somDone started this thread,so dog fouling technically isn’t littering it’s just morally wrong if you don’t pick it up,however iff you then pick the dog crap up and put it in a plastic bag THEN leave it on the road/trail/woodland/on someone’s gate(like I’ve actually seen) it is littering,so why bag it up and leave it,and don’t say “well at least it’s secure in a plastic bag” because that’s just another dog owner excuse,I hate dog shit,

rickmeister

Dog eggs, its bad enough getting flicked up onto the frame, but what really gets me is it tastes very very wrong after being airborne off the front wheel…

bigyinn
    Free Member

*gags* @ rickmeister

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

This was near the Botanics in Edinburgh.

cbike
    Free Member

They do **** all walking. It’s dog emptying. I hate the stinky overweight children maiming shit machines.
    Dogs with no practical purpose should be shot. Adopt a baby or get a human friend if you’re lonely.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

They do **** all walking. It’s dog emptying. I hate the stinky overweight children maiming shit machines.
    Dogs with no practical purpose should be shot. Adopt a baby or get a human friend if you’re lonely

I’m pretty sure I will despise your lardy offspring. Why inflict more losers on an already struggling ecosystem?

LOL Just bants in it… Etc.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Dogs with no practical purpose should be shot. Adopt a baby or get a human friend if you’re lonely.

Don’t be afraid to speak out!!

FWIW one of our 4 dogs has given birth to 4 more in the last half hour – would you like one? They’ll be everso cute and might help you out with your personality disorder.

Maybe.

They don’t do it for me as it happens – I’m a cat person – how did I let this all happen around me? :mrgreen:

Edit: They’ve all been trained to go far off the path to crap – be nice if a few other people bothered to do this too.

Northwind

Old colleague of mine quit banking to become a dog walker, back before it was really a thing, we all thought she was bark… er, quite mad. And yes she does collect every deposit she spots, and carries it around in a special poo-rucksack.

Rob Hilton – Member

FWIW one of our 4 dogs has given birth to 4 more in the last half hour

I hope they stop soon or we’ll be overrun

stevied
    Free Member

They’ve all been trained to go far off the path to crap – be nice if a few other people bothered to do this too.

Do you still pick it up if it’s far off the path?

MrGrim

If it’s near a path or likely to be where other walkers or cyclists will tread then I pick it up. Otherwise, I don’t bother. Most places I take the dog have cows, sheep and horses traipsing along and crapping away as they go. My dogs crap on top of those won’t make much of a difference. I can understand the annoyance in towns/cities and on main paths.

It bugs me a lot more when dog owners/walkers bag the crap then leave the bag at the side of the trail. As if some poo fairy is going to come along after them and pick it up.

I get a dog walker in three times a week. She does pick up after them and walks for miles everyday.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Do you still pick it up if it’s far off the path?

Depends. If it’s in bushes/undergrowth then insects/bacteria will sort it out. If it’s somewhere busy (rare as it’s best to walk them in big, open places with few childrens’ faces) then definately! And then dispose of it sensibly.

I am an avid hater of dog shit – people who leave it on pavements are **** scum

unklehomered
    Free Member

“Adopt a baby”

Eff off, Babies are horrible, so are people much of the time.

Dogs are awesome.

People who don’t pick up their dog’s shit are **** **** though, I’ll happily go along with that. It’s not that inconvenient these days, bins everywhere, no excuse.

unklehomered
    Free Member

FWIW one of our 4 dogs has given birth to 4 more in the last half hour

Right this has now become a puppy thread. That means we can demand pictures!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Does she though? How do you know what she does? The guy I spotted today was walking a dog that belongs to one of my clients and I’m sure she thinks the same. I’m quite looking forward to bumping into each other at her house some time.

Moe

In Buenos Aires we soon learnt to watch every step, not only because of dog crap but pavements are …. how shall I say? Inconsistent? And dog walkers everywhere but for some reason the dogs seem a lot more relaxed than in the UK.

Still loved the place though.

RobHilton
    Free Member

That means we can demand pictures!

:mrgreen:

They’re not coming out too well, but as you demanded…

Wonder how many times a day people say to that guy^ he must have his hands full…

Edit: That one at the front’s assuming the position!

unklehomered
    Free Member

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww…

jon1973
    Free Member

The trouble is a lot of humans are like you 😉

tomd
    Free Member

If it’s near a path or likely to be where other walkers or cyclists will tread then I pick it up. Otherwise, I don’t bother. Most places I take the dog have cows, sheep and horses traipsing along and crapping away as they go. My dogs crap on top of those won’t make much of a difference. I can understand the annoyance in towns/cities and on main paths.

Ask a sheep farmer what he thinks of dogs crapping in his field. It’s a bit of our problem round our way, farmers suffering with diseased sheep on account of parasites in the dog sh1t. I guess you probably don’t care though.

andyl
    Free Member

I seriously hope that does not include when walking through grazing land? Or even along verges where cows may stop and graze when being walked like between the field and milking parlour.

RobHilton
    Free Member

cows, sheep and horses

Herbivores, so a very different kettle of poo

andyl
    Free Member

Oh and besides the risk to livestock (if I find anyone leaving dog crap in my sheep fields I will make them eat it), dog shit is just nasty and on common routes dogs will crap were other dogs crap and you just get big areas of dog crap thanks to lazy, selfish owners.

jon1973
    Free Member

Herbivores, so a very different kettle of poo

Yes, dog poo is full of horrible toxins, so you should be picking it up.

andyl
    Free Member

Ask a sheep farmer what he thinks of dogs crapping in his field

Just inadvertantly answered that one!

Felt sorry for a local farmer who had to stop using a field due to the local group of 40 years+ gas baghing dog owners who should know better not clearing up after their dogs. He was having a lot of abortions.

Got to laugh though now as someone else has now put a load of chickens in the field with no fencing so they all need to keep their poorly behaved dogs on leads now.

I don’t walk our dog up there now due to being sick of all the dog poo.

brassneck

nd yes she does collect every deposit she spots, and carries it around in a special poo-rucksack.

Now there’s a niche market for Alpkit / Howies

MrGrim

I guess you probably don’t care though.

Of course I care. I was probably being too flippant in my post around the varieties of poo we experience near trails. I never let my dog poo on grazing land and it is always under close control near livestock. We don’t have dairy herds nearby and I’m careful about where the dog does and doesn’t poo in relation to livestock movement. I take your points on board though as I didn’t realise how much of an impact it can have on spread of disease through livestock.

epicyclo

jon1973 – Member
    Yes, dog poo is full of horrible toxins…

And knowing this, some folk don’t use mudguards for aesthetic and other reasons. Maybe they like the taste… 🙂

jambourgie
    Free Member

Yes, dog poo is full of horrible toxins, so you should be picking it up.

Should not be picking it up surely?

onehundredthidiot

Steve I think I know of the guy you saw. Short, dark hair, smokes roll ups. Regular non picker up. Used to speak with an elderly lady in iverleith park who had not a good thing to say about him.

He thinks he’s some sort of dog whisperer. He tried to understand my dog by staring into his eyes. My dog responded by smiling at him with a lot of teeth.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Could be.

Sandwich

As if some poo fairy is going to come along after them and pick it up.

That would be me on the evening commute on the cheeky bit near Bramford.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I work in gardens and feel sick at the number of times i see lawns strewn with kids toys and dog mess. It’s quite simply redneck dumb selfish moronic behaviour. And dog poo bags hanging on handrails.

If i find dog mess i won’t work the garden, have got rid of clients this year who persistently forgot to clean it up before my visits.

Many dog owners are lazy. Those on here can chip in all they want, from experience it’s not just a tiny 1-2% of you. And the mess should be picked up no matter if it’s away from the path or not, kids roam and play, and the health of a kid is infinitely more valuable than 5 seconds of a dog walkers time

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m the same, stopped working in a couple of gardens for that very reason.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Professional dog walkers.’ is closed to new replies.