• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Products to extend wireless in house via plugs, suggestions….
  • fubar
    Free Member

I would like to extend the reach of the broadband wireless signal in the house. I bought some powerline extenders but then realised that I don’t want to have to plug in to the receiving end via cable so I’m looking for a wireless signal in the receiving room(s).

I’ve seen this TP-Link-TL-WPA281KIT-Wireless-Powerline-Extenderthat does, I think, what I want but always good to have recommendations.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

lol! I did the exact same as you, bought the ones to extend plug in range, not wireless. Still to buy the proper ones yet.

paladin

this thing

Works perfect in my house. Picks up weak WiFi signal, amplifies and transmits it

nealglover
    Free Member

I bought the exact same one as linked in the OP.

Works perfectly.

paladin

If you use the one in the first post, check both sockets are on the same circuit

nealglover
    Free Member

Mine aren’t ?

Well, they are operated by different switches in the consumer unit anyway.

fubar
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that there is a later version of the product I linked to:-
    TP-Link-TL-WPA281KIT-Powerline-Extender-Ethernet v3

and

TP-Link-TL-WPA4220KIT-Powerline-Extender-Starter

jambalaya
    Free Member

EDIT: yes the one you linked to is fine. I shave the cheaper cable-cable ones but these are ok given the low price.

superfli
    Free Member

Got a Huawei ws320 Works well.

paladin

nealglover – Member
    Mine aren’t ?

Well, they are operated by different switches in the consumer unit anyway

I was under the impression that they didn’t work well across breakers, but further reading suggests they do…

I tried that huawei one before I got the netgear one, couldn’t get it to work for long, but maybe that’s just me. Difference with both of those is that they’re not using your cabling to transmit, they only boost a weak WiFi signal. My router is in the front of the house, WiFi very poor in rear of house, but with booster installed its perfect, and I also get usable WiFi 20 metres down my garden

brakes
    Free Member

sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone know if these TP-Links will work through extension leads?

schrickvr6
    Free Member
    footflaps

If you use the one in the first post, check both sockets are on the same circuit

Everything is joined up in the Consumer unit – won’t make a lot of difference as the switches aren’t RF filters.

Drac

sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone know if these TP-Links will work through extension leads?

Perfectly.

midlifecrashes

I have the TP-Link happily working on a multiway pluq with the laptop, printers, phone and router, all at the end of a 5m cable.

brakes
    Free Member

ta.

konabunny
    Free Member

Funny, I’m having problems with those TP LInk ones – I’m not sure whether it’s because the sender and receiver internet are both on extension cables, or because they are somehow on different circuits (because of solar power panel? Because power done differently in extension to original bit?).

I understood that the extension cables would only be a problem if they have anti-lightning thingies.

br
    Free Member

How big are these mansions you guys live in, as my standard BT jobby works perfectly well from one end of ours to the other – and that’s the best part of 20yds and two storeys plus 3ft stone walls.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Products to extend wireless in house via plugs, suggestions….’ is closed to new replies.