• This topic has 36 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Prodigy tickets.
  • MrSparkle

Anybody else forlornly clicking refresh in the vain hope they get to buy some?

qwerty
    Free Member

That’s No Good, maybe it’s an Omen, sounds Nasty they must be Out Of Space, I know some Girls who got tickets, maybe you should Wind It Up for the day, your at the mercy of Their Law.

gnusmas

Didn’t know they were doing any gigs. No chance i would be able to go anyway 🙁

Seen them 3 times, a fair few years ago. Awesome live!

jekkyl

I’ve given up going to ‘big gigs’ like that. They almost always disappoint. Massive queues to get in after queuing in your car to get in and then pay to park. Massive queues to get a vastly overpriced drink, so you get two and have to wobble through all the people holding two squishy cups of horrible low abv lager. Massive queues for a wee, massive’r if you happen to be a lady. Work your way to a decent place where the sound is reasonable but you’re squished in and there’s no room to dance and that guy in front with sweaty dreadlocks that keep hitting you in the face when he dances. Then your partner says they need a wee and you can’t risk being seperated so you both trapse to the loo and then you may as well get a drink in again as the queue is slightly smaller now. Then the lights come on and the gig’s over. Maybe I’m just too old for these now. mehhhh
    Who’s the support?

DezB
    Free Member

I get you jekkyl – went to LCD Soundsystem on the weekend… the worst thing (actually the only bad thing) about gigs is the audience, and the bigger the audience, the more arseholes there are. The band were amazing, but people constantly trying to fight their way through to a better spot throughout the whole performance. Gig prior to that on the Wednesday was exactly one fifth of the price, 20 people in a pub and I enjoyed that more. (Don’t tell my mate who paid for my LCD ticket though eh! 😆 )

Was pleased and surprised not to have had phones in front of my face through the LCD gig, that was a bonus -I could see the band.

MrSparkle

Waheyy!! Got two tickets.

the-muffin-man

@jekkyl – the venues listed don’t look particularly large…

https://www.seetickets.com/tour/the-prodigy/?src=mk_hpmusic3

I’m not clicking refresh though.

I am off to see Gary Numan at Rock City in a couple of weeks – my first time there in 15 years. Are the floors still sticky! 😀

lucky7500

Didn’t know they were touring either. I was refreshing for Belle and Sebastian tickets at the same time!!

hedley
    Free Member

What sites do you use to monitor for upcoming tour dates/tickets? I usually find out about them too late.

We did though get to see Leftfield at the Barrowlands a few months back and it was an amazing night. Fantastic crowd, lovely venue and Leftfield blew us away.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Says available Friday. Or is that wave 2?

Marin
    Free Member

Manchester Arena for Nick Cave on Monday. Awful experience due to it being an awful venue. Most seats face the wrong way. Should have watched him on telly at home instead of driving to Manchester to watch him on a big telly.

enfht
    Free Member

I saw their first ever PA.

Ain’t braggin’.

DezB
    Free Member

Most seats

Seats ??

MrSparkle

Says available Friday. Or is that wave 2?

The site crashed so they suspended sales until they can fix it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Rock city is still a quality venue! Last gig there was Frank Turner, next is scouting for girls!!!!

DezB
    Free Member

What sites do you use to monitor for upcoming tour dates/tickets? I usually find out about them too late.

Bandsintown
    Songkick
    Facebook
    Artist/Venue/Promoter/label mailing lists
    Venue websites

wrightyson
    Free Member

I usually follow the band’s I like via Facebook, their own web page or even Spotify these days which lists gigs.
    Dez as long as I’ve been on here you’ve had a hatred for any venue over a 500 capacity so it doesn’t surprise me you didn’t enjoy that gig.
    I like Nottingham arena and the nia in brum and if you’ve been enough times you know where to stand and how to get there.
    If you really want to go see some new and up coming band’s and are anywhere near Lincoln they have the 2Q festival on soon, the derby version has been brilliant the last two years, small venues and everyone there for the music as much as the actual band’s as half the time you haven’t even heard of them.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Double post

P-Jay
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Most seats

Seats ??

No doubt, I guess most of their hardcore fans will be 40 to 55 years old now?

I envision rows of middle aged men politely nodding along to Fire Starer, before giving a nice standing ovation at the end, but not too long, dodgy hips and all that.

DezB
    Free Member

so it doesn’t surprise me you didn’t enjoy that gig

I did enjoy it! I blimmin loved it… Just not some aspects of it 🙂

..will be 40 to 55 years old now?

I am near the top end of that age bracket! I haven’t been to a seated gig since Bauhaus at Southampton Gaumont in 198blah!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Saw them live in 93, but they made one good album and everything since then has been noisecore-aggro-beermonster-shite.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Seen them 3 times, a fair few years ago. Awesome live!

Leave it there, they’ve had their day

patriotpro
    Free Member

Saw them live in 93, but they made one good album and everything since then has been noisecore-aggro-beermonster-shite.

Not true but i get your drift

bigdean

After the show they did in Sheffield i’ll not bother with tickets again. Shame as the previous gig in Nottingham was good.

Wally

I thought Keith runs a pub, Essex way?

bigdean

After the show they did in Sheffield i’ll not bother with tickets again. Shame as the previous gig in Nottingham was good.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just got a text from a mate, “bought a spare ticket, want to come?”

Errr, yeah go on then.

binners

I doubt I could do a prodigy gig any justice nowadays, unfortunately

Saw them loads of times back in the day, and they’re bloody awesome live! But If you’re not absolutely ripped to the tits on weapons grade MDMA there’s really no point

Have fun if you’re going. Apparently the pills around at the moment are indeed weapons grade 😀

bigyim
    Free Member

Did anybody drop lucky ?

stewbaccason

I managed to get 2 for Manchester! Failed yesterday at presale#1.
    General release tomorrow though.

PrinceJohn

Excited… Actually managed to get tickets on Wednesday.

I’m curious though, our local venue says tickets go on sale on Friday, how many tickets are allocated to the pre sale?

KidCragg
    Free Member

Try twickets and if you can leave it late you can usually get face value tickets from fellow fans and not touts!

Got a good app to which allows you to put notifications on it for certain dates/artist/gigs

PrinceJohn

Weirdly, had to get another one for a friend on Friday when they went on general sale and it was easier

Stainypants

I decided not to see Nick Cave at the MEN despite been a massive fan and been offered a free ticket. Just not the right venue to see him.

I was at LCD soundsystem to be fair the warehouse project is the worst venue to see a band in the world. The floor dips in the middle so no one can see. You had a to choose between seeing the band and not hearing them or vice versa. Plus they massively oversold so it was dangerously overcrowded. I heard the same from previous years gigs but really wanted to see them and they were great from what I saw.

CountZero

Waheyy!! Got two tickets.

Just make sure you wear waterproof overtrousers, just in case some knob pisses down the back of your legs like some ****wit did to me at the IoW Festival two years ago. Pig. 👿

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Meh I don’t like their new punky sound (or at least the newer stuff I’ve heard. Got a bit angry-shouty f$uck capitalism / buy our new album and year we’re touring, pay us n shit vibe….

Marin
    Free Member

Yep right move stainypants. I was on a freebie and still felt burnt. The lazy arse should have done a few nights at a smaller venue. Better quality gigs for all.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Prodigy tickets.’ is closed to new replies.