Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Problems with SRAM 1×11
  • andyjh

Been running X0 1×11 for quite a while now with no problems whatsoever until recently when I can’t get it to select the 42t cog and stay in. Been adjusting the cable tension as I go and sometimes I think it’s work but then it plays up again so today I set about it properly.

Thinking it can only be the H/L adjustment or cable tension, I disconnected the cable and gently pushed the mech over and sure enough all gears selected cleanly, so not the H/L adjustment. Reattached the cable and adjusted the tension so it changed into the 10t smoothly. This left it changing 10 cogs cleanly but again not the 42t, it would go onto the cog and then immediately come back off, then off, then on…… If I adjust the cable tension to the max so it wouldn’t even change in the 10t, it still wouldn’t go onto the 42t and stay on.

At this point I was confused, any advice on this one?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Checked cable is positioned in shifter ok? I’d change outer cable rear mech sounds ok. If not then sounds like shifter. Not had same problem. Was the chain replaced and measured correctly with fully compressed suspension?

andyjh

Cheers for the suggestions 🙂 Will have a closer look at the shifter today as it does point to the cable not moving correctly. Inner and outer cables were replaced earlier this year so they should be fine still and all my testing was done in a bike stand yesterday so won’t be an issue with the chain.

Anyone else had this?

andyjh

Doh, fixed it. Loose mech!! Looking for the complicated fix I completely overlooked the obvious 😳

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Problems with SRAM 1×11’ is closed to new replies.