Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Problems with HD140?
  • slowboydickie

Any folk had a problem with the HD140? My LBS put a seat post in order to clamp the frame into the repair stand and when they tightened the seat clamp there was cracking noise. On inspection it looks like there is an alloy insert bonded to the carbon seat tube and it was the bonding that slightly cracked. Anyone had similar issues? I guess if it cracks further it might prevent tightening the seat clamp.

What would you do? I am minded to ask for a new frame but may have to wait 4 to 6 weeks. At £2174 you kinda expect perfection…

druidh
    Free Member

Might be an obvious question, but were they using the right size of seatpost?

slowboydickie

You’d hope so, wouldn’t you. It was the owner and he is meticulous so I doubt he used the wrong post size.

scaredypants

<wonders what an HD 140 is>

did you buy it from the LBS in question ? I can’t imagine they’d resist a warranty request

ChrisL

I’m guessing an Ibis Mojo HD 140, scaredypants. It’s a carbon full sus frame.

sambob
    Free Member

Never heard a problem with any of them, which has to be one of the only bikes where that’s been the case. Not much help, admittedly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Problems with HD140?’ is closed to new replies.