Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Problems with Endura.
  • Bunnyhop

I bought gloves and 'singletrack' shorts for mr.bunnyhop at Christmas.
    The gloves went back straight away unworn as the stitching had come undone. The replacement gloves lasted 3 rides, again stitching problems.
    Now the shorts have ripped at the back pocket and stitching has again come undone.

My own gloves ( endura too) are really uncomfortable. So we won't be buying their stuff again.

Anyone else had similar problems?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Interesting…my missus had some issues with their track mitts recently, she contacted them and they sent her a new pair (I think she may have had to send the old pair back too but anyway…) I've got a pair of lycra road shorts from them and Ok so the lettering came off after the first wash, but they're still the most comfortable shorts I've used for ages.

So…my suggestion would be to contact them direct and see what they have to say?

tommid
    Free Member

Never had an issue with them. The standards are normally very high and the kit is fantastic.

erny
    Free Member

I had a 2 pairs of the venturi 3/4 waterproof shorts which went back as they both leaked in the strech panel at the back,but got lots of other kit which has been fine.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. I've always been impressed with Endura products and their quality.
    I'm still regularly riding in a 3 and a half year old pair of Singletracks. Best shorts I've ever had and outlived some Gore Bikewear shorts that were twice the price.
    Have you tried contacting Endura directly? they may have an explanation or indeed some form of compensation?

nickc

You're not alone, I've had various bits of Endura kit, some of which has lasted well, some of which looks like it was stitched together by the trainee. I'll use the stuff I've still got, but won't buy from them anymore

Bunnyhop

All the Endura gear that i've had for years has indeed been really durable. That's why I carried on buying, this last lot however, has been badly made.

feenster
    Free Member

Yes. MT500 shorts. Rear pocket stitching came away, so pockets now useless. Owned the shorts for about 18months, but used infrequently.

Zyme shorts, stitching on zip fly came away after 4 weeks of commuting 3miles per day.

Got the Zyme shorts changes at the shop, wrote to Endura about the MT500's and not interested.

I have some Endura gear that I bought 10 years ago that is indestructable, and still got much life in it but the Endura I've bought recently has been rubbish. They used to be good, and had my brand loyalty, but they've lost it now. Shame.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Had a brand new pair of 3/4 Hummvee shorts circ £50 & the waist popper kept on undoing very easily to the point that I was stopping every 5 mins to do them up again. I checked all 3 other pairs of Endura shorts I have & there was no issue with the popper coming undone easily. I took them back & the LBS exchanged them for a new pair with a much smaller popper which holds fine. I did wonder whether Endura had found the larger popper wasn't working & went back to the smaller ones instead. Apart from that the kit is excellent value, does what it's supposed to & I'll buy from them again.

theboatman
    Free Member

Had problems with both the stiching on shorts and zips, I'm not sure their QA is too good, but their customer service in repairs and replacements has always been great for me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

lettering came off ours but not really fussed after the ammount of use we got out of them

3 months riding everysingle day for 8 hours plus- had 2 pairs of shorts each and they dont show any signs of wear.

BAABAA tops are real comfy and really reasonably priced for merino … again i had one of these and i wore it most days in those 3 months

coolmax and thermolite socks – again no issue – thermolites are great for winter really warm – 3 pairs for 3 months – wore through 1 toe but i have wierd toenails – or rather i dont have any on my big toes

got several pairs of humvees in the house again used frequently no bother and the missus has several endura tops with no issues.

only problem i can find is that my missus gridlock doesnt seem to be waterproof BUT she probably washed it on a hot temp and **** it … thats why mines stinks its not allowed in the wash – my orders!

geordiepaul
    Free Member

The only problem I have with Endura clothing is the useless sizing!
    I have stuff in Medium all the way up to XXL!

Surely I'm one size I should be that size in all their clothes! Nightmare when buying online!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

BH, my singletrack shorts have been great. had em for well over a year now. only problem is they're a bit too big for me now!
    however, i do prefer the altura and sombrio stuff i have.

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

I've done about 15,000 miles in 3 pairs of MT500 bib shorts in the past 2 years, they are the business and I wouldn't risk my arse in anything else

crazy-legs

Yeah, some of the sizing is a bit weird but the clothing (IME) is generally very good – my Singletrack shorts have had loads of use and are still going strong. On the other hand I do need to call them about my eVent waterproof jacket, the velcro wrist tabs have detached so I can't tighten the arms, they just ride up now. 🙁
    Jacket is only a few moths old and hasn't seen much use.

PinkOrange5
    Free Member

I would avoid buying anything from them after my experience of their customer service. Bought a pair of liner shorts 'womens medium' they were exactly the same size as the 'mens meduim' I compared them to my OH's. So I contacted them direct as I couldn't return the shorts to the shop as it was 100+ miles away. They said send them back. It was 10 months and several e-mails before the shorts were returned with a replacement pair that was exactly the same.

I wasn't trying to get two pairs and another pair of blokes shorts were no good to me ! I thought they were just lying and packaging the mens and womens in different boxes because of the long delay. They were absolutely hopeless !! I just never got an explanation of the delay or the same items being sold as both mens and womens.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I find Endura sizing weird and lycra uncomfortable. Shorts and trousers are good though.

Spud

Most of my kit hasn't lasted rips, stitching undone, liners torn etc and don't mention my eVent jacket..

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I've had a few problems with their stuff which included a pair of Humvees where four of the six zips broke. When I emailed them and suggested I might have to try Altura next they suggested they didn't use such good quality zips. I'm not sure the lady that replied even read my original email properly. The list includes another pair of humvees where the stitching is going, a pair of 3/4 bibs where the pad disintegrated and a jacket where the tape came off the seams. Oh yeah and the zip broke on that too. And the elastic waist adjuster is no longer elastic. Dodgy sizing with liner shorts too. Got a short sleeve top thats Ok tho..

shoefiti
    Free Member

I may be wrong here but i think production of some items moved off shore somewhere a few years ago now. I've always had endura stuff and always loved it, great price, good qaulity and very durable. I've also had great customer service from them when i once worked in a shop and had to send a couple of things back – no questions asked prompt replacement or repair.

It's a shame if they've gone down hill. The only issue i've ever had is those funny plastic tighteners on the singletrack shorts, they just fall off, but at 40 quid i'd still get another pair over race face (now they made some shonky shorts!!) and they cost twice as much!

Bunnyhop

An update to say, that the shorts were sent back and a new pair have been returned really quickly and without any problems.
    Excellant 🙂

Offroading
    Free Member

The majority of Endura kit is made in China, the custom Team stuff is made in house up at the Scottish HQ along with a very small amount of other stuff which is sown there. Nearly everything comes out a box from the factory in China.

spacemonkey

I have some Endura lycra shorts and bib kit from 4-5 years ago that are both still going strong. However, I did also have the misfortune to recently buy a pair of their Hummvies – great outer baggy quality, but the inner lycra was shocking. Stitching began loosening after the first ride, general fit and feel is below par, and I sense I'll soon be removing the pad and throwing away the lycra. A shame, because all their "older" stuff of mine, plus the actual baggies themselves are top notch.

chakaping
    Free Member

Some good items but more bad ones for me, mainly stitching issues.

Have posted several times before so won't bore everyone again.

Won't be buying their stuff again either.

shinsplints

I've had my singletrack shorts for about 12 months.I've had to stitch the liners up twice (my b end kept coming out) & last week ripped the arse out of them on the saddle.Maybe my fault but the stitching on the arse area was looking really frail for a pair of shorts that are only a year old.Will probably buy another pair though as I liked the styling etc…the fox ones I had before were gash.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Got a pair of of 3/4 length bib tights that have lasted 8 years.

Recently bought a baa baa top and it seems to just get holes in it each time I wash it (at 30 degrees). Going bck to CRC tomorrow. Shame as it's a nice top.

Davros23
    Free Member

If that baa baa top is merino aren't you supposed to hand wash it?

hora
    Free Member

Im a big fan of Endura. My singletrack shorts seperated at the belt stitching though as its not a through/loop round belt just a 'for show' piece of kit. The LBS sorted me out though.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

If that baa baa top is merino aren't you supposed to hand wash it?

It says on the tags it's machine washable.

http://www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx?dept_id=125&prod_id=203

rowley
    Free Member

there have been quite a few threads on endura quality on here. i love the design of the stuff but i have had some issue or other with everything i've bought from them. stitching, zips, waterproofing, lettering and reflective strips, velcro etc etc.

ransos
    Free Member

My Endura waterproof trousers are literally falling apart at the seams. On the other hand, my Endura shorts look as good as new, despite having cycled thousands of miles in them. So it does look like a QA problem.

ratnips
    Free Member

Endura event 3/4 waterproof short pockets have both come away at seems inside (12 months old). Winter tights have been fine but put me off getting the event jacket.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I sent some Endura Event trousers back to them after they started to wear prematurely. They said they never arrived but then weeks later they phoned me to say they'd found them but that they would charge me to repair them. I argued the toss for a bit and asked them to re-think. A few days later they turned up repaired at no charge.

They just sound a bit disorganised to me. All the other Endura stuff I've had has been good.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Two pairs of shorts (singletrack I think) fell apart at the arse within a couple of weeks of use. Pretty shoddy in my opinion. Compare to a pair of Fox baggies I had for 4 years and have only become unusable as I have worn through the fabric on the arse. I won't be bothering again.

chakaping
    Free Member

The staff are keen MTBers as I understand it, so it's a little disappointing that they choose to ignore these threads.

Hip
    Free Member

I bought a pair Endura Spectrum glasses that come with a nice hard case… Problem is it's too blinkin small for them to fit in?!? 😯

Nick

Almost all my gear is Endura, excellent quality ime, currently hammering a pair mighty mitts and singletrack shorts, couple of pairs of liners and tops too, Zyme 3/4 about 4 years old and a bit knackered but certainly not falling to bits etc

scruzer
    Free Member

I have long had problems with stitching on many items. I did black list brands for a while only to find they're all as bad as each other. Names include Endura, Altura, Pearl Azumi, Shimano, Specialized, North Face, Lusso…. Currently trying out Mavic roadie bibs and at a Price! Have found stitiching particularly bad on Endura and Altura…

Blackhound

My eVent jacket is fine but someone else had to send his back – got a replacement OK.

One trader told me he was going to stop stocking them, he has had too many returns, doesn't want the hassle.

stumpyjon

I've had stitching come undone on gloves and liners. Belts with Humvees are cr*p and I've had similar problems with the popper on Humvees as Cripspy bacon although I sorted that out with a gentle tap from a hammer (it was easier than losing weight 😉 ).

Seems a bit random, if their stuff lasts to the third ride you're probably OK.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Problems with Endura.’ is closed to new replies.