Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Problems with egg beater/candy cleats
  • oblique
    Free Member

I have an old pair of eggbeaters and a newer set of candys and to get the candys to work i needed to put the shim under the cleat but now my shoe wobbles when on the egg beaters.

Is this just due to my old egg beaters or will you never get a pair of shoes to fit candys and egg beaters at the same time?

Hope I have explained this properly. It seems like a stupid question to have to ask.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

… I think the clue here is in the 'old egg beaters' part of your question.

Check for wing waggle on your 'beaters. Over time these pedals can develop a fair bit of play in the wings, leading to wobbly shoes and accidental pulling out at inoppertune moments. Generally if you've got a bit of wing waggle PLUS some up and down movement in the cleat mechanism the pedals are the problem. I think this can be avoided by cleaning the pedals after every ride and ensuring that dirt and grease do not build up in the cleat mechanism, thereby grinding everything to bits – it needs to run totally 'dry'.

Try getting in touch with Crank Bros' UK importer (can't remember what they are called), they're very, very helpful to put it lightly. When I explained the problem with my 'beaters – I posted 'em off to them and about a week later they were returned to me with an appology, free lolly, a full free service and free new parts fitted to stop the waggling wings. Basically they were like new again.

To be honest I can't fault these guys now – and I shall be using Crank Bros stuff for the rest of my days.

druidh
    Free Member

no_eyed_dear – Member

Try getting in touch with Crank Bros' UK importer (can't remember what they are called), they're very, very helpful to put it lightly. When I explained the problem with my 'beaters – I posted 'em off to them and about a week later they were returned to me with an appology, free lolly, a full free service and free new parts fitted to stop the waggling wings. Basically they were like new again.

2pure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Problems with egg beater/candy cleats’ is closed to new replies.