Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Problems fitting X0 2×10 crank.
  • dantsw13

I have been having a complete nightmare trying to go 2×10. Firstly, Its taken CRC over a month to get me the correct, and matching colour chainset. Now, when I’ve finally tried to fit it on my Cannondale RZ120, there is no clearance between the chainrings and the frame – in fact the teeth actually touch the frame.

I have a Hope BB fitted with the GXP adaptors on the NDS, and with 2xDs 1xNDS spacers fitted on the 68mm BB Shell. The Crank is a SRAM X0 2×10 GXP.

Any ideas, other than sell them?

br
    Free Member

another spacer on the D/S?

dantsw13

Is that acceptable? Does that compromise the bb at all?

br
    Free Member

tbh I had to play with the spacer set up on my HT, as long as you’ve the right ‘width’ you’ll be fine – but if you are really unsure – LBS.

dantsw13

Thanks – at least it sounds sortable!!!

mintimperial

Don’t add any more spacers to the drive side. Take the non-drive side spacer out.

The NDS cup on a GXP BB is what dictates where the chainset ends up – so the NDS spacer is pulling the chainset 2.5mm in towards the frame. Take it out and it’ll end up in the right place.

The BB spindle floats in the drive side bearing, so you only space that side out to get in the right place relative to the NDS bearing. I’m pretty sure that two spacers should do that. I have a Hope BB with a GXP crankset in a 73mm BB shell and it has one spacer on the drive side and that’s it. So all other things being equal you should have two on the drive side, none on the non-drive side.

mintimperial

If that doesn’t make sense, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NufgDt2zwXk

It explains it all better than I have… 😉

dantsw13

Thanks – ill take a look.

dantsw13

Cheers – I think that makes sense now! I’ll have another go tomorrow!!

dantsw13

Well, I think I have it sorted!! The bb shell is 68mm, so I seemed to need 3 spacers in to enable the hope bb to screw tight to the frame. With the recommended 1xNDS & 2xDS the chainrings touched the frame. So I took out the NDS spacer, but then the bb wouldn’t screw all the way into the shell. Now I have all 3 spacers on thE DS, it seems to work fine.

The crank is held nice and tight on the NDS and on the DS there is still a bit of space between the bb and crank. It all feels nice and taught, and the crank spins very nicely (about 8 revs with no chain)

Have I made any big mistakes here before I ride it this afternoon?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Problems fitting X0 2×10 crank.’ is closed to new replies.