Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Problems Connecting Smartphone to Router
  • dribbling
    Free Member

Mate’s got a problem, sent him away to disconnect other devices and reset his router but in the meantime, but wondered if any thoughts here?

Phone: Xperia U (I tried to warn him)

Router: Netgear (talk talk)

Problem: Phone searches for network, connects, immediately disconnects, searches and continues to do this infinitum.

Router is WPA2, but no options in Anroid 4.0 to change this anyhow (apparently).

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Rich

EDIT: Oh crap, wrong forum 😳

jekkyl

what phone? a cheap one?

ciderman
    Free Member

If hes got the talk talk router then he probably set up his home computers with the disk that came with the welcome pack. This creates a trust with you computer and the router and makes the devices automatically connect without searching. Unfortunately this automatic trust cant be set up between your phone and the router, so each device has to think… I not going to get too technical but your mate needs to move his router away from any other electronic devices including his land line phone so there is no interference, also make sure that the adsl wire and power cables aren’t tangled. And finally tell your mate to man up, buy an iphone, and dont come back unless you want to talk about bikes 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is there a associate button on the router?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Also worth trying the router on wep security just in case. Look at the dhcp list and see of it is coming up there – I assume he has read the instruction book for the router…

tinribz
    Free Member

Our set-up:

Xperia U – yes
    Netgear – yes
    WPA2 – yes
    Trusted devices – yes
    Talk-Talk – no
    problems – no

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Problems Connecting Smartphone to Router’ is closed to new replies.