Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Problem with pro2 rear hub: any help?
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

I've searched the forum to see if I could find an answer and while there was some stuff on pro2 hubs nothing sounded like my problem.
    So I though I was hearing a creaking from my cranks but then realised it was my hub (well I think!). Then the sound seemed more like a clicking. It's when I pedal and I don't think it does it when i pedal really hard. So I'm thinking its the freehub? I did strip, clean and regrease it about 5 rides ago but it's still there. I know someone in the STW massive will know.

anlegov
    Free Member

I also have this clicking sound, which I traced to how tightly I do up the QR. If I use hand-cutting force I can pretty much get it to stop, but otherwise I am accompanied by an annoying little "click ..click" as I ride along. I have an Orange 5, which I think also has something to do with it. My plan is to replace the rear QR set up with the Hope "bolt-up" axle, infact I am waiting for 18bikes (if you are listening guys) to give me a price inc. postage, which I hope is going to put me back in silent mode again.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Ahhh I see. What's hand-cutting force if you don't mind me asking? I think I'll do it to me meta 55. Think it's about £80 for the kit for mine.

anlegov
    Free Member

Well, not quite so it bleeds, exactly, but so you can read "CLOSE" (in mirror writing) on your palm 🙂

80 quid is steep. Is that for some DT Swiss doo dah or a maxle thingy?

Telemaster18
    Free Member

new dropouts and axle. Maybe thats an expensive price for it. Just somewhere I saw it. I'll try getting a bit heavier handed with the QR and see what that does.

http://www.realcycles.com/products.php?plid=m24b58s211p1343 is the axle kit

anlegov
    Free Member

Oooh yes! That looks very chunky.

Rickos
    Free Member

I had a similar problem and it turned out that the rear cassette needed a wee nip tighter. Problem solved.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I'll try both these things and see how I get on

jonk

QR Needs to be tight on the 5 to stop the creeking a regular shimano QR is the best at keeping things tight.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Or a loose/broken spoke?

Telemaster18
    Free Member

hmmm i always stay away from wheels when it comes to fettling. I'll have a feel though. Bike needs a clean tomorrow anyway so it'll all mould into a clean/check over session

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Problem with pro2 rear hub: any help?’ is closed to new replies.