Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Probably done to death…but….Which turbo trainer?
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

I need something reasonably quiet and with decent resistance, the best deals I can find seem to be the Elite Volare (£82.99) and the Cycleops Classic Mag (£94.99)both prices from Wiggle taking into account the £5 discount code I'm going to have to beg for on here. 😀

Anyone got any experience of either of these or could reccommend a better trainer/deal?

rolfharris
    Free Member

I have an Elite- I don't like it. If I were buying a new one I'd get a Tacx Sirius, they're realy nice.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

What don't you like about it?

carlphillips
    Free Member

rollers look fun!!! check some comedy moments on you tube

Ed2001
    Free Member

Better deal imo is to look s/h on here, e bay, cycling weekly etc as many people buy trainers use them twice hate them and never use them again, as a result they can make good s/h buys.

mudslinger
    Free Member

I recently bought the Tacx Sirius from Wiggle based on the reviews on Wiggle & CRC. Never had one before so didn't know what to expect but I'm very pleased with it.

I did monitor ebay but there wasn't much choice & they were pretty expensive.

About to go more a spin now …

rolfharris
    Free Member

It's a bit noisy, a bit clunky and just not as neat as some I don't reckon. The adjuster also doesn't seem to fit any handlebar,even OS ones.

bland

I got a tacx one for £10 at a car boot last week – Bargain.

You can guarantee it wont get used mind you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Probably done to death…but….Which turbo trainer?’ is closed to new replies.