Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Probably biggest desicion of the year – new Teapot.
  • nimrod2410
    Free Member

Missues went shopping and the dopey women not being a T. drinker bought, wait for it, loose Tea!!!

You see sometimes there is just a lack of care and attention where she is involved and now I am in Tea turmoil as we have no Tea pot, or even a strainer.

I'm a commitment sort of guy and now the loose Tea is purchased I am determined to go back to the 'good old days' of tea drinking and rediscover my roots of tea consumption.

So my question is what Tea pot should i invest in?
    China, spode, wedgewood,?? Art deco, chintz, post modernism.
    Been on the bay and the choice is frankly shocking.

Help needed and the best suggestion will result in purchase and posting of T.pot on stw in all it's glory.
    Budget… £20.00

slimtubing
    Free Member

Local charity shop, get a nice pot one with a inch thick patina of lovely flavour on the inside. also helps the baby dolphins or homeless or whatever.everyone wins.

nimrod2410
    Free Member

To early for 'inch thick patina'
    Haven't had a cuppa for nearly 2 days and stomach is a bit sensitive.

Charity shoppe idea is ok, but only ones that can mention the word christmas or display the union jack with pride, or without fear of upsetting other sections of the community.

Moses

Get a brown betty, and a strainer.
    Total outlay, about £6. Or as above, hit the charity shops.

Dobbo

Yeah Brown Betty and don't forget the teapot cosy off eBay.

tall_martin

How about a complete art deco tea set?

Tea pot, tray, sugar bowl milk jug? Not in perfect condition but they work fine and the tea pot keeps stuff hot for ages

£30 posted?

Mail me if you are interested I'm off to work now

Martin

binners

I'm sure you'll find something suitable here:

http://www.teapotworld.co.uk/

In't the internet brilliant

Dobbo

What house is complete without one of these…

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

tea appreciation society used to sell teapots. I bought one, it pours well (the mark of a good the pot)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Probably biggest desicion of the year – new Teapot.’ is closed to new replies.