Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pro Koryak Dropper
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Anyone got one, and still have the installation instructions?

I’m a bit annoyed with mine – I’ve not had it long, but despite being a bit basic it went up and down faultlessly, right up to the point I took it off to have some work done on my frame and had to change the cable.

Now, it’s doing this weird thing – when you put it down it works faultlessly, when it goes back up though the cable doesn’t return 90% of the time, I can sometimes flick the leaver a few times and it will, but most of the time it doesn’t if you sit on it it’ll do 20mm and then ‘click’ the cable returns.

I can’t tell if i’ve re-fitted it badly or it’s broken, somehow.

I’m annoyed because I ditched my Reverb for failing me and had great faith in this – it’s only 3 months old, 1 of which it sat in a box.

P-Jay
    Free Member

PS. before anyone says, whilst the Pro website offers 2 different PDFs of the manual, they only show the warning blurb in many languages.

rOcKeTdOg

could just be moisture corrosion in the cable outer stopping the cable from returning smoothly. drop some chain lube down the outer, refit the inner and try that. also could you have bent or crimped the cable somehow whilst removing/refitting? that would cause the same issues

P-Jay
    Free Member

could just be moisture corrosion in the cable outer stopping the cable from returning smoothly. drop some chain lube down the outer, refit the inner and try that. also could you have bent or crimped the cable somehow whilst removing/refitting? that would cause the same issues

Thanks, but I don’t think that’s it. The cable in new, and there’s no resistance in the outter, the only think I can think of aside from possible failure in it, is that the instructions were VERY specific about how long the cable should be compared the the outter, but I can’t remember what it was.

steel4real
    Free Member

The Brand X Ascend is almost identical to the Pro Koryak – the saddle clamp differs(as is the Trans X D-YSP12, although can have a different lever) so maybe someone who has the installation instructions for either of those can help ?

RichBowman

Seat Clamp done up too tight? My Trans x was very sensitive to this and would do any number of combinations between not returning fully to not returning at all…

P-Jay
    Free Member

RichBowman – Member
    Seat Clamp done up too tight? My Trans x was very sensitive to this and would do any number of combinations between not returning fully to not returning at all…

Hmm, possibly, I’ll check thanks.

For reference the dropper itself functions normally, it’s the cable release that sticks.

jonesyboy

Had the exact same issue. Solution for me was getting the cable outer to a larger rad under the BB. Didn’t need much more of a rad but is now flawless. Also a bit of WD40 down the cable wont hurt!

RichBowman

For reference the dropper itself functions normally, it’s the cable release that sticks.

Yup – definitely had that with the clamp too tight. Lever flops around or is too stiff? It did it as well if the outer was a bit kinked, but if you can feel the movement is okay, then it probably isn’t the cable path.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yup – definitely had that with the clamp too tight. Lever flops around or is too stiff? It did it as well if the outer was a bit kinked, but if you can feel the movement is okay, then it probably isn’t the cable path.

Flops around, you can see the end of the cable inside the lever looking or cocky and that. I’ve just tried it with the QR undone and it’s seems better. It might be a bit tight as it enters the ‘stealth port’ it’s the type that enters the frame at the bottom of the seatstay rather than full stealth.

Seems a very fine line between not returning and returning. On my old XFusion the cable was fixed in place so pushed the cable back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pro Koryak Dropper’ is closed to new replies.