Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PRO components – FRS vs Koryak
  • mangoridebike

Hi

as above really – whats the difference between the two? Similar prices/weights, are they aimed at two different types of riding?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Have you actually looked at the website ?, its all there:

http://www.pro-bikegear.com/

KORYAK RISER
    All Mountain / Freeride oriented Riser handlebar

FRS RISER
    Oversized low-rise Freeride handlebar

mangoridebike

Thanks tragically

I was looking at the stems actually – seems like the FRS stem is freeride etc whereas the Koryak is XC/AM

Cheers

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

More than most components a stem is a stem, subject obviously to geometry. I doubt you’ll see any difference in use between the two, so go with whichever looks the best, matches your bike etc. I have the FRS in white, it’s light and stiff and does what a stem does.

mangoridebike

Thats what I thought too – but thought I’d ask as they were so similar it seemed a bit odd that they were differentiating them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a koryak, its done what a stem does, bolted onto the front end of a 6″ travel hardtail.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I guess once you’re making over a certain number it doesn’t matter if you have two very similar products from a cost point of view, but you might just sell more as soem peopel will think one looks better than the other.

Without looking at the range, it might be that there is more differentiation in the bars and they do two stems so you can match the stem to your bars of choice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PRO components – FRS vs Koryak’ is closed to new replies.