Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pro 2 evo and 11sp (CX content, not XD body)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Thought I’d use my 29er Crest wheelset on the CX bike, but an 11sp Rival cassette (11-32 PG-1130) doesn’t fit far enough onto the freehub body 🙁

From the Hope website it looks like I might be shafted and as I think it’s saying it will only work on the newer Pro2 Evo 40t.

Anyone bodged this and got it to work? Would it just work if I got the 11sp freehub body? Or should I just take a dremel to the tabs at the base of the 10sp freehub?

alanf
    Free Member

It might be the same as 10/11 speed road in that if you have a 10/11 speed freehub you need the 1mm (or is it 1.8) spacer for the 10 speed cassette.
    I presume if you swap to the 11 speed freehub it should fit your cassette with no spacers?
    I could be completely wrong though, still rocking 3×9 on the mtb 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

Thinking sideways slightly, would the new Shimano Ultegra CS-HG800 cassette 11-34 work? It’s 11 speed but designed to fit a 9 speed freehub body.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did think about that Mister P. May be an option if it’s all compatible.

Alanf, no unfortunately no spacer to remove.

I’ve dropped hope an email, hopefully have some luck.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

I had a similar issue with a PG1170 11-36 and you can’t make it work.

The road 11 speed freehub is longer so the shell on compatible hubs is narrower to accommodate this.

It’s either the Shimano cassette mentioned above if your rear mech has the capacity or new hub time.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks Jamie, that’s what I suspected.

Well I need a new cassette so Shimano is an option, don’t really want an 11-34 though, too wide. And would it work fine with the rest of my SRAM setup?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve seen CX bikes setup with 11s shifters/mech paired with a 10s (road) cassette, you just wind the limits in and lose a gear.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks TINAS, that is an option. Got a few spare 10sp road cassettes so may give it a go if all else fails.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Reply from Hope confirming that it won’t work and there’s no part (other than a new hub) that’ll make it work 🙁

mattsccm
    Free Member

What Hope told you was it can’t be done with anything you can buy from them. They told me the same. You are on the right lines with the dremel. Just grind the splines back. 1.5 mm did mine .Works perfectly with 25 or more teeth on the largest sprocket. Not tried smaller. 10 minute job. Easy.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I would go as far to say get the 11 speed Hope body.
    I had the earlier Pro 3 road hub with 10 speed cassette body.
    I was told the new (at the time)11 speed body would not work with some cassettes as they would clash with the spokes.
    I chanced it and got the 11 speed body.
    I ran a 11-28 (Ultegra ,11 speed) with no issues.
    Later hubs were redesigned to accomodate all cassettes with the new 11 speed body.
    Chances are it will work.
    Max

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Make sure it’s a Pro2/3 body as not sure a Pro 4 will work!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. I may give it a go as it’s a wide CX cassette.

schmiken

I machined 1.2mm off the cassette and it fit fine. (11-32).

crazybaboon

Use the new Ultegra 11/34 cassette, it’s 11 speed but fits on a 10 speed free hub, due to the dishing of the 34 sprocket over the spokes, in stock at chain reaction

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pro 2 evo and 11sp (CX content, not XD body)’ is closed to new replies.