Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Privee shan 27
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a new frame of the above. Any owners on here with build up advice and ride reports etc? I’m hoping I’m going to like it!!

fd3chris
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd .

shindiggy
    Free Member

Shan 27 owner here, the bike is fricken awesome. Standard build up, nothing special/awkward to do.

Rides like a downhill bike, still climbs well.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Shan 27 owner here, the bike is fricken awesome. Standard build up, nothing special/awkward to do.

Rides like a downhill bike, still climbs well.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Love mine. I run pike fork. 1×10 xt with xt brakes. Nice wide race face bar and short stem, hope flow ex wheels reverb and some green bits. Bb is a press fit which nearly made me not buy it! Headset sits in the cups/not pressed in. Great riding bike and the steel is quite forgiving but stiff latterly.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks guys I’m glad the build seems straightforward. I’m not fussed about the bb as my 2souls already has the same and I’ve had no problems with it. I actually chose the Shan to be a trail bike as I know the Oka is designed a little better for that purpose but I really couldn’t resist the gulf colours. Time will tell if I’ve made the right decision. I’m going with new 150mm revelation forks , 1×10 with dt swiss wheels with mostly their own CG finishing kit.

shindiggy
    Free Member

I’m running 160mm pikes, sram 1×11 and spanks matching colored wheels.

paulthearcher
    Free Member

26 owner, absolutely the best hardtail out there you will not regret it,
    built mainly with zee and spank

paulthearcher
    Free Member

also running 170mm chozzi cr 55’s which are absolute tops

jim25

Gutted I never actually pushed the button on a Shan frame yesterday when there were on discount, but I just couldn’t afford the rest of the build really…

fd3chris
    Free Member

It’s going to be an expensive, for me,build as I had nothing I could use already. For once

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Wee piccy…

Lovely bikes but very small. I,m hardly a giant at six foot one but an XL I had a go on felt like a BMX! Good for playing around in the woods for an hour or so but I’d imagine uncofmortable for longer rides which is a shame as I was looking at one for a general trail bike and posably the odd !!! ENDURO!!!

jonjones262
    Free Member

I’ve got a Gulf coloured one on the way with the orange wheels. Glad I went for a Large now after reading about the size up there ^^^

I’ll miss my rasta zip ties from the Marley 🙁

shindiggy
    Free Member

I’m 6’1 and bought the xl with a 50mm stem, perfect size but small compared to other manufacturers.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Oooooo, look what just arrived….

[/url]WP_20151202_15_04_00_Pro by jonjones262, on Flickr[/img]

(the frame/wheels, not Elma)

fd3chris
    Free Member

They are lovely in the flesh .

thepodge
    Free Member

Why does no one buy the oka?

fd3chris
    Free Member

Good question . Even though it maybe would of been better for my type of riding I still wanted the 917 shan.

sig123
    Free Member

Hi all just built a shan 27 I’ve switched everything over from my tracer 275 for a winter bike, but I’m finding this frame very energy sapping does anyone else have this?

dannyh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be looking at the frame if I were you. Looks like Tiddles is a bit pissed off at having some competition for your affections and is going to jump over that sofa and claw your eyes out!

Classic photo.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Privee shan 27’ is closed to new replies.