Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Privatisation and free trade ruined Britain
  • kudos100
    Free Member
    cheekyboy
    Free Member

Any point to your post ?

CountZero

Peter Hitchens is sociopath who detests everybody; in that, at least he’s equal opportunities.
    Nothing to see here, kindly move along.

shermer75
    Free Member

I suppose the point is that it’s a surprisingly left wing article for such a right wing newspaper

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Peter Hitchens is sociopath who detests everybody; in that, at least he’s equal opportunities.
    Nothing to see here, kindly move along.

Obtuse uninformed thought free response there count ! obviously trying to fit in eh !

I suppose the point is that it’s a surprisingly left wing article for such a right wing newspaper

PH has been advocating lots of perceived left wing ideas for a long time.

kudos100
    Free Member

PH has been advocating lots of perceived left wing ideas for a long time.

The only time I use the mail is for wiping my arse, so I’m not up to scratch with what the so-called journalists write about.

I stumbled across this and thought it kind of ironic, considering the stance the paper and what they tend to focus on.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Wow! It’s so outlandish and counter-intuitive that I’m almost tempted to click the link. Almost.

konabunny
    Free Member

Opposing privatisation and free trade is not the monopoly of the left (as the article demonstrates).

kudos100
    Free Member

Opposing privatisation and free trade is not the monopoly of the left (as the article demonstrates)

Sure, but the point that struck me is that the author is apologising and saying he is sorry for falling for the Thatcher-Reagan nonsense in the 80’s. Not something I’d imagine is typically in the daily mail.

CountZero

Obtuse uninformed thought free response there count ! obviously trying to fit in eh !

Sorry, you’ll have to explain that, fit in with what, exactly?
    And uninformed? I’ve read enough of Hitchens rants over the years* to form a not unreasonable opinion that he’s indeed a sociopath who pretty much hates everyone equally.
    But you clearly know me better than I know myself, so I bow to your oh so superior knowledge. 🙄
    *My dad chooses to buy the Mail, he used to buy the Sun, I prefer not to buy any papers at all.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

And uninformed? I’ve read enough of Hitchens rants over the years* to form a not unreasonable opinion that he’s indeed a sociopath

So now that your dad no longer buys the Sun you now sneak off to your shed to read his Mail on Sunday (because you prefer not to buy papers) so that you can analyse the mental state of the contributors, any opinions on the mental state of the rest of them ?

who pretty much hates everyone equally.

You seem to be doing a bit of hating here yourself count !

TheBrick
    Free Member

Cheekyboy is PH and I claim my five pounds.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Cheekyboy is PH and I claim my five pounds.

Bank transfer Mr Brick ? 🙂

footflaps

Owen Jones did a good interview with CheekyBoy / PH recently

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrwuk6NoMv8[/video]

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Clearly, haunted by the spirit of his dead brother. Oh, wait…

binners

Peter Hitchins opinions have nothing to do with left or right wing politics. They’re entirely nostalgic for a sunny Thursday afternoon in June 1957, in Surrey, where he was sat having a picnic.

The fact that it only ever existed in his own imagination doesn’t stop him thinking that it should form the basis of our entire society

footflaps

. They’re entirely nostalgic for a sunny Thursday afternoon in June 1957, in Surrey, where he was sat having a picnic.

Sounds like John Major or in fact any member of the 1922 committee.

EDIT or the Vote Leave campaign.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Privatisation and free trade ruined Britain’ is closed to new replies.