• This topic has 47 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Private sale advice – disgruntled buyer
  • Greybeard
    Free Member

Sold as seen, and you’ve only got his word that the faults he’s claiming actually exist. Don’t offer him anything.

He says he’s had legal advice, refer him to Arkell v Pressdram

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆 the perfect citation there

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Well, I’ve just replied stating the bike was sold as seen and that I described it to the best of my knowledge and was unaware of any of the claimed faults, other than those I was aware of and pointed out in my ad. And ended it stating that I wouldn’t be engaging in any further correspondence with him.

I have the two ads – one from the builder of the bike and the one from the guy who sold it to me a few weeks ago. I described the bike honestly and described the faults I was aware of.

In the ad I stated it started and ran fine – it did for me and when he looked at it
    I stated the gearbox worked fine – it did for me and he put it into gear when he looked at it.
    I stated the speedo didn’t work – he looked at it and said he believed it was the cable not having enough slack.
    I stated the ticking noise and that I thought it might be the cam chain – he heard that noise when he viewed the bike but seemed unconcerned.

I stated the lights and horn worked – they do
    I stated it had an MOT and TAX – it does
    I stated that the builder of the bike added new levers and rear sets and re-painted it and rebuilt the engine. I have the two ads which both state this.
    I explained that I wasn’t an expert and had only ridden the bike for a few minutes in the few weeks I’d owned it.

I don’t know what else he could expect from me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Arkell v Pressdram

😆

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Arkell v Pressdram

Tempting but I didn’t quite go for that approach.

tonyd

If it was bought outside of eBay what bearing does the original ad have on this sale? Regardless of wether it was or not, how can he claim your ad was misleading when he chose to go outside of the eBay framework?

sbob
    Free Member

He’s a **** chancer, ignore all correspondance.

hora
    Free Member

TonyD if it goes legal it can be seen as an advert for the item.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Private sale advice – disgruntled buyer’ is closed to new replies.