Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Prince Albert Fork Choice??
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Ordered a 853 prince Albert and pretty much have all the parts bar Fork, have now been procrastinating about a fork (will be second hand) for weeks and cant decided on what to get (mainly 120 or 140mm).

I mainly ride around the peaks so riding style is mainly rocky XC.
    Have got a Pro 2 hub up front so can run QR, 15 or 20mm forks.

Looking around today on various Forums I have tempted by.
    Reba race 120mm (20mm)
    Fox Vanilla 140 (15mm)
    Pike 454 90-140(Dual air U turn 20mm)
    Rockshox Revs 140 (20mm)

Answer of course is a adjustable fork but I’m finding it hard to find a good one (at a decent price also).

Anyone use any of the above or can tell me how the bike handles with either 120 or 140mm fork.

LoCo
    Free Member

140mm, have run both my Mk 1 and Mk2 at 130mm and find it a little too steep on technical and steeper stuff.
    Have run Fox Vanillas and am currently running Revelation RCT3s which are great and soon to be extented back to 140mm.

EDIT: although running a short (50/60mm stem) with forks at 140mm on really steep climbs you may find the front a touch light (chest on the top cap on really steep stuff) setup as always is a bit of a personal thing.

Gordymac
    Free Member

Snap, I have all the parts for my 853 as well. Waiting until July(hopefully) is going to be torture. 😕

Anyway I’m going to put my Pikes onto it, I think the adjustable travel will suit the PA well.

Gordymac

Tom83

I had 140 revs on mine. Front was a bit wandery on steep climbs as mentioned above. But was an awesome bike!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Had u turn pikes on mine. They spent a lot of their time wound right in.

The PA is a great bike.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I run mine with mxle Revs set at 120mm. 140mm spoils it imho.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Thanks all, sounds like a something adjustable would be best all round.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Although an older fork the 145mm coil Manitou Nixons I had on mine were superb. Good damping, reliable, stiff and easy to self service with the added bonus of travel adjustment. If I still had the bike I would probably have changed to Black Box Revs. I have 150mm Rev Ti’s on my Blue Pig and I reckon the same fork set at 140mm would have been nigh on perfect for the Albert.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Prince Albert Fork Choice??’ is closed to new replies.