Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • price wise, am i out or thereabout?
  • earl_brutus

Trying to sell this beast but so far no takers…. where should i pitch this pricewise?
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2022619/

stevied
    Free Member

Is that damage on the stanchion? £750?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Well out I’d say, £7-800 for the full bike.
    Probably better splitting it up.

br
    Free Member

Half it, so probably/possibly get more if you split it.

lunge

Way out in my, wholly uneducated, opinion. £1300 for a 7 year old freeride bike with good but old suspension and Deore finishing kit is way OTT.

Half the price and you’ll be closer to the mark I think.

earl_brutus

ok thanks all…. blimey the power of depreciation, may well just keep it at that price! (just a bit of dust on the stanchion, not damaged)

martinhutch

(just a bit of dust on the stanchion, not damaged)

Including a pic of just one stanchion makes it look as if there is some damage and you’re trying to be up front and show it!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

26″ straight steerer
    not quite a DH bike
    Not the best trail bike
    Average kit (sorry)
    and 6 years old so probably coming up for some weld problems

I’d be splitting

bruneep

the refection of the arch?

yeah overpriced split and sell, more of a ball ache but you “should get more”

solamanda
    Free Member

I would be tempted to buy a cheap used single crown fork for £100 and sell the bike complete for £500 as a freeride bike. Sell the 40’s for £350-450.

Try selling the 40’s on their own and if they go for a good price, do what I suggest?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I would be tempted to buy a cheap used single crown fork for £100 and sell the bike complete for £500 as a freeride bike. Sell the 40’s for £350-450.

Can’t see the logic, adding a cheap fork won’t increase the price that much and it’s a gamble. Split. sell and add to the parts/spares box

mindmap3
    Free Member

Split and sell it.

I don’t think there much demand for that kind of bike these days. People either want enduro type bikes or proper DH bikes.

When I was looking for a new DH bike after mine got nicked for £1,200 or so there were some absolute bargains (Demo’s, Wilson’s etc)

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i’d split. And give it a good clean.

weeksy

lobby_dosser – Member

And give it a good clean.

I am bemused by this often with bike adverts. Why wouldn’t you get a wet sponge and some soap on it for sale, just clean the crap out of it. People are spending the pointy end of £1000 and want to feel like they’re getting your pride and joy, the bike you love, the bike you’ve cherished for years. They don’t want to think they’re buying something that’s been abandoned after each ride and left to rust up the bearings/hubs/whatever…

20 mins with a bit of cleaning product and you’ll have what’s a much better bike…. then some nice pics, in focus this time…

ctk
    Free Member

Split and put on ebay.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

You won’t get over £300 for the 40’s not at that age

I would single crown it and fit black bars

retro83
    Free Member

I think he meant what looks like a horizontal scratch about halfway up.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I am bemused by this often with bike adverts. Why wouldn’t you get a wet sponge and some soap on it for sale, just clean the crap out of it. People are spending the pointy end of £1000 and want to feel like they’re getting your pride and joy, the bike you love, the bike you’ve cherished for years.

What Weeksy said. For stuff that folks are trying to get top dollar,it turns me off when people don’t even make the effort to take the evidence of the last ride.

BoardinBob

£500 to £600 at best. I had a ‘mare trying to sell off my 26″ nukeproof and had to split it. Someone may snap it up as an “alps bargain” for £600 but better/quicker to split

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘price wise, am i out or thereabout?’ is closed to new replies.