Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Price of access
  • StuF

Another q for the group

We have car access across the back garden of our neighbour’s. We don’t use it for car access – it’s too narrow unless we had an old school mini, but we do use it for moped / wheelie bin etc

Our neighbour has offered to buy the access off us and provide access the front garden for bins/moped etc (slope rather than the current stone steps)

She’s asked us to come up with a price for this – I’ve no idea what the going rate for access. Does anyone have an idea of how much I should be asking or had something similar done.

The only downside I can see is that when we come to sell the house is I couldn’t say it had ‘off road parking’ – even though what’s there isn’t really practical

jekkyl

If you have a mortgage the process might not be as simple as you hope as you’ll be changing the value of the charge. You’ll likely also need to employ a conveyancer.

StuF

Good point about the mortgage, hadn’t thought of that.

I’d feared we’d need a conveyancer, as we’ll need new plans for land registry drawn up

trail_rat
    Free Member

I wouldn’t do it.

I have a land access running along the bottom ofmy garden. It doesn’t other me atm. But I can see how a bunch of **** moving in next door could ruin that.

I wouldn’t volunteer my self to that situation if I Held the deeds saying other wise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Price of access’ is closed to new replies.