Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Previous owners mail
  • z1ppy

my g/f & I have both been living in our properties for over 4 years, yet still get mail delivered to the original occupiers.

I've tried the MPS service, but the previous owner had so may different formats to his name (different initals, Dr, MR, just loads) I can't register them all.. and even then I still get loads, as he obviously signed up to mailing list (labout party, Volvo, etc). It doesn't matter that I've returned them, they still keep coming…

The most annoying being a Credit card statements to my address and a bank account (with 20p) to my g/f. Obviously I haven't opened any of them… as that would be illegal.

Now I'm not interested in trying to get access to these account, before anyone suggest it, I just want the bank/provider to actually question how an account can still be 'live' when I'm constantly returning statements, with big black marker pen writing on them, saying the guy no longer live here!
    That and to get rid of all the other junk mail!

Any thoughts?

kimbers

ive taken to writing return to sender on the envelope and long ranting pi$$taking complaints, about wasting paper, looking the guy up on facebook, etc etc

they dont stop sending them but it makes me feel slightly better

Junkyard
    Free Member

tell them to amend their register under the data protection act [cant remember exact section] as they have the incorrect information then return each leter with a brick attached until they stop.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I have something called a bin. I put such items as these in it. Someone collects the bin once a week.

z1ppy

TSY, I don't want a baliff turning up at my property, whether or not the debt is in my name…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Are they threatening to send baliffs?

z1ppy

that's not the point is it… I don't want the threat of a baliff turning up, and then suggesting that as I've lived there for 4years & not got it dealt with, it must have been me 'scamming'.

Trimix
    Free Member

Bin them mate and dont worry – bailifs wont hassel you if your not the person they are after. They are not going to kick your door in and walk off with your telly. The first visit is to confirm the occupier.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You worry too much. You must have the only valid cards attached to the accounts by now.

z1ppy

no cards ever come here, no idea why, and I do know the previous owner is still using the account…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Order yourself something online using it. Should get the matter sorted out PDQ!

jonb
    Free Member

In previous addresses I've always written "not known at this address ,return to sender" within a few months the volume dies down to nothing.

I've had bailifs threatening when I was a student, it all got a bit strange when the address changed to the name of the previous tennants through the "the current occupier". Sorted it eventually, we weren't worried as we had nothing of value anyway.

bruneep

#
    #
    The Southern Yeti – Member

I have something called a bin. I put such items as these in it. Someone collects the bin once a week.

Oh get you with your fancy once a week collections.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Same as yeti, just bin em. I've had a South African electricity company threatening to cut off the supply to the house I apparently own in Georgia for several years now.

antigee

similar thread a while back me thinks

after 17yrs we still get mail for previous occupier – she was a bit loopy and her solicitor said she'd decided she did not want to give us a forwarding address but didn't bother to sort a load of stuff

seems to me thats lots of direct mail co's just throw the stuff you post back in the bin!

with stuff like credit card accounts i'd invest the £5 to send a registered letter to a company's customer service address requesting confirmation they have changed their records
    could end up on your credit file thru association with yr address – though not sure if law changed recently on that

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Previous owners mail’ is closed to new replies.