• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by beej.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Pretty looking retro roadies that don't break the bank
  • DT78
    Free Member

I am still lusting after an equilibrium, anything else out there to consider?

Also needs mudguards and preferably be at or below a grand.

simon_g
    wwaswas

I’m nearly 50 and a cheap date 🙂 not pretty though 🙁

woodster

Ribble Winter Audax 525s are cheap and good looking. Could probably build a Singular Osprey for a grand.

ceepers

Charge plug 3? 749 on wiggle

wiggles
    Free Member

Willier strada?

fubar
    Free Member

Charge plug 3? 749 on wiggle

£552 if you are happy with a 2014 model (small or large only). Fitting mudguards isn’t that easy due to location of disc calipers…would require a fair bit of bending so I just stuck a raceblade on the back and left the front unguarded.

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer was was.

Quite taken with the strada, seems a bit low rent kit for the price though. 9 speed would be ideal as I’ve got loads of spare chains and cassettes assuming I could use mtb stuff

wiggles
    Free Member

The strada is a bit industrial but looks very pretty up close and rides quite nice. I’ve only had a quick spin but know someone who borrowed one for a long journey and fell in love even though it was totally the wrong bike for where they were going.

grenosteve
    Free Member
    TheBrick
    Free Member

Why not keep an eye out for a good secondhand from and kit it out with modern components?

winston
    Free Member

CRC has some beautiful Principia framesets you could easily build up for a grand – have to use raceblades though

Principia really were the dogs till carbon came along and even now they ride pretty well!

Edric64
    Free Member
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Genesis Volares at Paul Milnes. Check out their eBay listings. 853 frame, carbon fork full build bikes for about 900

ampthill

Just seen last years Hony Tonk on wiggle for £540 (9 speed)

Looks lovely in the pictures

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

What about builiding up a nice frame? Singular osprey frame looks very pretty. Or a bob jackson? Both lugged steel

winston
    Free Member

Equilibrium frame in the classifieds…

beej

If that Honky Tonk rides as well as my Paddy Wagon it’ll be ace. There’s something just right about the geometry.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Pretty looking retro roadies that don't break the bank’ is closed to new replies.