Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Prestwich Monday Night Pub Ride
  • Harry_the_Spider

After all of the excitement in the Yorkshire Alps we are back on home turf next week for some berm and jump action.

8:15
    Church Inn

Bring beer money.

The week after (24th) we are away again. Ramsbottom this time, Binners is our guide.

Harry_the_Spider

xherbivorex
    Free Member

still don’t have a fully working MTB. we’ll see (if i can bleed my hope brakes on the hovercraft over the weekend or not).

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

where and when in Rammy are you meeting ,I may join you if thats ok .depends if I’m playing footy or not though

Harry_the_Spider

Dunno yet. Probably the micro brewery place at 8:15, will confirm it next week.

binners

Brewery isn’t open on a Monday I’m afraid chaps 🙁

I was thinking start at the Rose and Crown. So we start with the joy of the Rake. The Tower/pilgrims cross/Bucky woods/Irwell Vale/Edenfield/Coal Road/Turbines/Owd Betts/Cheeky Singletrack past the Fishermans/PINT!

I’ll be down the Prestwich Alps on Monday Harry. Probably with some of the Rammy reprobates in tow

Harry_the_Spider

So we start with the joy of the Rake. The Tower/pilgrims cross/Bucky woods/Irwell Vale/Edenfield/Coal Road/Turbines/Owd Betts/Cheeky Singletrack past the Fishermans/PINT!

All that in 90 minutes? 😯

binners

Or we could stay over the tower side and add a figure of eighty bit in. Plenty to choose from. Or alternatively a mahoosive climb, quick lap of Cragg Quarry, then down past Owd Betts, Fishermans singletrack.

If we’re feeling democratic, we could put it to the vote. Otherwise we can be dictatorial and issue instructions. I shall be leading from the rear in true tail gunner fashion, as per.

Harry_the_Spider

Tower side.

This is no democracy. 😀

[Controversy]Cragg is bobbins[/Controversy]

RustySpanner

xherbivorex – Member

still don’t have a fully working MTB. we’ll see (if i can bleed my hope brakes on the hovercraft over the weekend or not).

If you can get up to Burnley (or get someone trustworthy to pick it up – we’ll arrange a password 😀 ) you’re more than welcome to borrow mine.

I’m working, yet again 😐

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ll see how i get on with my brake on saturday pete, ta!

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m one of the rebrobates from Rammy, I’ll be attending both.

Harry_the_Spider

Bump for tomorrow evening. Weather looks good too.

The recent rains will have sorted the “kitty litter” so there will be some scary speeds over “Tourette’s Leap”. 😀

binners

Roll call for this evening then chaps? xherbivorex – have you fixed it then?

Doesn’t look like a bad evening for it

Hit the North by binlidski, on Flickr

scaled
    Free Member

I got a D in English Language – Where are you lot going tonight?

I’m not sure I can face Philips Park – I only got discharged by the fracture consultant today.

In fact, considering the effect spending 5 minutes thinking about that jump has had on my sphincter, mountain bikes can sod off, i’m going for a road ride.

Harry_the_Spider

MTFU. 8:15 at the Church Inn.

If you slap the “lucky arse” as you leave the car park the trail fairies will look after you*.

*This may not be 100% reliable information.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Roll call for this evening then chaps? xherbivorex – have you fixed it then?

no.

but i’ll be there anyway! slightly squishy rear brake lever; i can live with that.

binners

If it helps, I’ll be in totally inappropriately over-biked mode, as Yorkshire broke my hardtail 🙁

If you slap the “lucky arse” as you leave the car park the trail fairies will look after you*.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i broke my hardtail (as in, i’ve begun to take it to bits to sell it) so i’ll be immensely overbiked myself. it’s going to be funny.

binners

Yorkshire broke my hardtail last week. Its not so much the trails. That’ll be a laugh. Its riding the wallowy, overweight bugger*, uphill back to Rammy after the pub

* a catch all description for myself and the bike

hora
    Free Member

What time in Binnersland and what time(ish) does it get dark? (Wild Yorkshire Terriers roam in parks after dark you see). 😉

binners

8.15 at the Church in Prestwich Horabags. Binnersland is next Monday. You shouldn’t need lights

You coming out to play? I’ll wear my Speedo’s. Your favourite leopard print ones

Harry_the_Spider

Probably won’t go dark until about 9:45 but visibility will be poor due to the tree density and cloud cover. I’d stick a light on just in case as there are a roots, low branches and tomb stones on the trail back to the pub. All of which will hurt if you should bang your bonce on one.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

I’d stick a light on just in case as there are a roots, low branches and tomb stones on the trail back to the pub. All of which will hurt if you should bang your bonce on one.

don’t forget those weird spooky graves with all the coloured LED nonsense all around them; some kind of bizarre north manchester voodoo shite no doubt…

hora
    Free Member

Next Monday. Tonite im fitting my new stem n shock internal spacer

Harry_the_Spider

some kind of bizarre north manchester voodoo shite no doubt…

Disrespect JoBu at your peril!

Bregante

Binners, I might venture north next Monday night too – if I manage to shake this bastid flu off that is.

hora
    Free Member

Bregantes comun?? Erm should we postpone that 10kg’s of Smack deal binners? 😆

Bregante

I’ve told you, as long as I get my cut I can be very forgetful

1-shed
    Free Member

Could someone get rid of all the minging flying beasts around there please. When do they go, I’ve had my fill of them.

binners

The flying beasts? They be dragons!

Clover

I’m in!

Harry_the_Spider

…and once again the tone is lowered.

AndyF1
    Free Member

I`ll try and tag on fellas,if that ok.

Harry_the_Spider

Cracking stuff again boys and girls!

That Strava

Next week…

AndyF1
    Free Member

Great stuff,thoroughly enjoyable.

binners

Cracking run tonight! As always! The last climb home was a joy!

Looking forward to entertaining our guests on a return visit next week

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, it was good, that. i’m tingling this morning though, thanks to those midges and nettles (and going for a run at 5.30am before riding to work added to the effect)…

Harry_the_Spider

Bits of me are still “buzzing” too.

thejollybodger
    Free Member

Thanks for inviting me out – had a good laugh – bit worse for wear this morning 🙂

Binners, that last climb was a bugger – glad I didn’t have to do the rake afterwards!!!

See you next week.

Lee (Boardman Hardtail)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Prestwich Monday Night Pub Ride’ is closed to new replies.