Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PRESS FIT BOTTOM BRACKETS FOR A ON-ONE WHIPPET……HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rocklobster
    Free Member

Hi I ride an on-one whippet but i currently have problems with the bottom bracket and now have decided to replace it. I believe the frame takes a BB92 bottom bracket and i am running Shimano XT hollowtech 2 cranks. Does anyone recommend a good high quality BB?

cooie

On One have A Token red one for £20 reduced from 50.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BBTOKBB92/token_pressfit_bottom_bracket

HTH.

rocklobster
    Free Member

Cooie, that’s what i have fitted. After 5 rides it started clicking so i stripped it down at the weekend and the bearing seem to be gritty. Do you have any ideas of other bottom brackets?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

You may find on-one will tell you not to use anything other than a plastic shimano one…

There seems to be a little stretching taking place within the bb shell with those types of bb. When you think its worn out, its actually not, it just is loose within the frame 😯

timmys

No idea of any issues specific to whippets but of the BB92’s I’ve tried in my zesty (shimano, KCNC, enduro fork seals), the Enduro Fork Seals has been my favourite by a county mile:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id258.html

About £60 and takes a couple of weeks to ship from the states though.

cooie

I was just about to mention the Enduro one! Worth it if you can afford it.

steve25
    Free Member

I do get a bit worried about the bb on my whippet, easy to replace but maybe a bit too easy?? At what point will it become a little less snug and become sloppy? My KCNC one has been OK so far for a few months. Would be interesting to hear how other folk are faring now that there are a few more whippets in circulation

DT78
    Free Member

If you are worried about fit could you just run a layer or two of duct tape on the bb to make it snug?

p7rich
    Free Member

Not sure duct tape will do much for longer than a few minutes??

I have been using the plastic Shimano BB in my Whippet for about 3 months now. It’s beautifully smooth but…the drive side shell is looser than the other in the frame. When dismantled the loose shell binds with the crank spindle where it flares a little near the joint with the spider, as opposed to staying put in the frame cup. This doesn’t cause any pressing issue (except a bit of creaking) but i am a bit concerned re this moving of the shell in the frame cups damaging the frame over time as the BB moves about slightly.

I have discussed this with On One and, as my only real issue currently is some creaking, they have just reassured me the frame is warrantied for 2 years. Seems fair enough as long as i’m not replacing BBs every few months.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PRESS FIT BOTTOM BRACKETS FOR A ON-ONE WHIPPET……HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.