Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Prescriptionglassestrackworld: 1 Eyeglasses to rule them all.
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

I know there are a lot of thread for this already but I am looking for something specific.

I am looking for some cycling sunglasses that is also good looking to wear casually (holiday etc etc) ..but glasses needs to be glazed (no silly looking clip-ons like the Cebe i have) , and also transition lens (so it is okay to ride in the winter and summer as well) .. I found a rRudy Project RX that is close to what I am looking but cost almost £500 and too cycling sunglasses looking.. I wonder if anyone have one or can recommend, cheers.

IHN

Find some frames you like. Send them to Ciliary Blue to get them reglazed with Transitions lenses for about forty quid.

garage-dweller

I have generally used Oakley ophthalmic frames (not sunglasses ones).

Currently got a pair of Currency frames with transitions in, which are ok but they are emphatically not sports glasses. I can’t have very rounded lenses because of my wierd prescription so I can tolerate the compromise.

I find transitions a bit of an issue in low sun but can’t quite say why. It’s almost like they over darken. More of an issue riding in the evening which I mainly do.

chipps

I wear Smith Hudsons – just their normal sunglasses that I had glazed up for 95% of my riding (and 100% of my off-bike wear). The sunglasses were £80 and I had an optician knock out the fitted lens and glaze them for £60 or so. Great wraparound vision and they’ve been pretty sturdy too.

For sunny days, I use a second pair with a tint. Still cheaper than £500…

mattbee

Just got a pair of Oakley Crosslink from Optic Shop, £139 with non Oakley polarised lenses. Work well for riding in and are not too ‘sporty’ looking for off the bike. They come with 2 different colour arms too so you can have ‘smart’ and garish!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Prescriptionglassestrackworld: 1 Eyeglasses to rule them all.’ is closed to new replies.