Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Prescription riding glasses (Giro Filter?)
  • MrGreedy

I've tried prescription inserts and found them a pain (fogging, rubbed my eyelashes), and contacts were alright but faffy and easy to dry out; so I'm thinking of getting some proper RX eyewear and particularly like the look of the Giro Filters (especially the ease of changing lenses). Is anyone else using these with RX lenses? Other alternatives/suggestions?

The other thing I'm not sure about is the process for buying them. My LBS stocks the glasses, if I just buy the frame from there and take it to the optician will they be able to glaze it alright? How does the clip-in mechanism cope with the different thickness of an RX lens? As far as I can see, Giro don't seem to be available direct from opticians, unlike the ubiquitous Oakley.

MrGreedy

Anyone?

UK-FLATLANDER

I've been really pleased with my Rudy Project Exceptions, probably the most comfortable glass I've had, sunglasses or normal, in 43 years of wearing specs. They are a sort of up market clip on system, but it's rock solid. Thumbs up for the Red Photochromic Impact X lenses too, great for riding in all but total darkness.

aP
    Free Member

I also use RP exception mostly becuadu I have -11 eyesight. Seconded on the photochromic red lenses – perfect for 95% of my riding on and off road.

Mikey65
    Free Member

Osiris Sport – got mine from specsavers after a good hunt round….very good all round vision and wind protection especially good with reaction lenses.

MrGreedy

What kind of price were the Osiris ones Mikey?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Prescription riding glasses (Giro Filter?)’ is closed to new replies.