Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Prescription goggles/rx inserts
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for some cheap goggles that take an rx insert or goggle insert or goggles that have prescription lenses if there is such a thing but I’m a bit confused as to wether snowboarding/ skiing goggles are what I should be looking at or MX goggles!
    Anyone got any links or purchased any such things at cheap end of scale as I’ll only be wearing them on my rare uplift days but having broken one pair of glasses before having forgotten to take them off when wearing a full face I would like to avoid going it again!

Lifer
    Free Member

Contacts under goggles/glasses an option?

Suggsey
    Free Member

No go on contacts too much risk of infection…..diabetic…..

Superficial
    Free Member

Who told you that you couldn’t wear contact lenses? I’m intrigued, I’ve never heard that diabetics can’t wear contacts and a quick google suggests that it shouldn’t be a problem. If you’re wearing them for shorter-than-average time periods (I.e. a <6hr ride) they might be OK.

I suggest you consult your optician or family physician.

Apologies for the typical forum response. I don’t know that much about Goggle inserts – other than they look pretty special (in a bad way) unless you have a decent tint (so you can’t see the inserts).

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have had a few eye infections, alas diabetics generally have poor immune systems and whilst I could use them for short term with sweat getting into eyes and dust etc (and one serious bout of eye infection nearly made me blind and it scared the crap out of me) I’m really really reluctant to start putting fingers on stuff and into my eyes. I’m sure you can understand my reluctance..it’s one reason plus slow healing that I’ve not had any laser correction….I’m not bothered about wearing glasses and have just thought I could actually get a reglaze on some crash friendly frames and just get some oakley OTG goggles, may be the cheapest option but a bit of a faff still.
    Last uplift day I wore my optilabs cycling glasses but wind made for streaming eyes/ struggled for vision, hence wanting some goggles.

aP
    Free Member

I believe that Adidas have rx capable goggles. My optician Schuller carries them. Give them a call and ask for Erika.

Kuco

I’ve got a set of the Adidas goggles with the inserts. Can fog up if it’s wet and humid but generally okay.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Cheers for that, out of interest what sort of cost were the Adidas version including rx insert?
    Oakley I’m guessing may still make my eyes water……I have seen some universal inserts and bolles own inserts.

Kuco

To be honest I can’t remember as they are a few years old now. I got them through my regular opticians who are an Adidas dealer, iirc they weren’t exactly cheap but to me at the time they were worth the money.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Okiedokie ill pop in to my opticians and see what they come up with and or get my prescription from them and resort to universal insert and cheap goggle set up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Prescription goggles/rx inserts’ is closed to new replies.