Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Prescription Goggles Experience?
  • kraken2345
    Free Member

After royally ruining my wrist looping out of a manual back in April (no breaks just thought to be ligament damage) and doing physio it’s now strong enough to start lifting light weights again which is like starting over but is something at least. Cycling is ok to relax with but I can’t go very fast as pulling up still hurts and there’s the risk of crashing so a friend suggested swimming.

I used to swim a lot back in high school but my sight is now at -5 ish, 0.5 difference between eyes and I wear contacts every day rather than the 20/20 vision I used to enjoy. My question is whether prescription goggles are worth it as I’d have to remove my contacts or put them in after swimming and when not swimming eg walking around to get to lockers etc I’d either need the googles on or to squint a lot. Would the better option be to just buy some higher end googles that fit really well and (hopefully) keep the water out? Haven’t used anything over your standard cheapo pairs so don’t know how good they are at actually keeping water out? Be curious to see what others have found who’ve encountered this problem? Cheers

midlifecrashes

I’ve used them for years, brilliant things, but I’m not a contacts wearer. Bigger opticians usually keep them in stock so you can try them on for airtightness. Yes, I can look a bit of a dork wearing them to navigate in and out of the changing rooms, but I’m not that precious about it. On holiday I’ll either keep my specs poolside or an old pair in my shorts pocket.

poolman
    Free Member

I m -5 so bought some prescription goggles at decathlon. They were 25e i think, superb fit and i m v happy with them. Dont swim or use contacts in the spa, i used to but apparently the lens can absorb the infected water and cause real problems.

Actually i was in decathlon the other day and they did not seem to have them, so best check as it may be the bigger stores.

MikeG

I’ve recently bought some aqua sphere ones from Amazon – my eyes are -5 and -4.5 and they are fantastic, you buy the goggles then individual lenses to match each eye. Worked out to about £32 for the set.

kraken2345
    Free Member

That sounds great thanks, I’ll give them all a look

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Prescription Goggles Experience?’ is closed to new replies.