Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Prescription glasses without an insert
  • cookci
    Free Member

I’ve got some with an insert and they are hopeless. They steam up almost straight away and clearing the fog is almost impossible on the trail!

Is there anything reasonably priced and wrap around style available online?

Thanks
    Christian

km79
    Free Member

I have been looking at a pair of directly glazed adidas evil eye evo pro, but at £450 I think I’ll stick to inserts for now. Haven’t came across anything else that looks reasonable.

scotroutes

Nothing in the Oakley range? I’ve been using prescription Oakleys for years.

Bregante

Glasses of your choice and send them off to Ciliary Blue with a copy of your prescription.

I’ve got some in some cheapo frames and they’ve been fine. They will now glaze a limited range of Oakley’s too. I’ve got some old Half Jackets which I’m going to send off when I get my new prescription.

mav12
    Free Member

optilabs have a selection

mick_r

My Uvex prescription safety glasses were £84 each with AR coating. I’ve got model no. 5508 & 5512 frames.

Same deal with Bolle I think.

Also had good (non cycling) service from Ciliary Blue for refurbish and reglaze.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Been using a set of Oakley Jawbones now racing jackets.
    Bought them cheap of American Ebay then sold the lenses and bought prescription off Ciliary Blue.
    Recently bought some Oakley lenses which are better with all round fitment and vision but boy are they expensive!
    Also got a set of Flak Jackets with prescription but only use them for road rides.
    Max

Wookster

Spec savers do a pair for £100. Wrap around style not the most cool but meh do the job and not a disaster if they get scratched broken!

cookci
    Free Member

Any ideas what the specsavers ones are called? I had a lool and couldnt find any.

Can this cilary blue convert any glasses?

joebristol

I bought some Oakley halfjackets recently from Winstanleys bikes for £70. Then sent them to Ciliary Blue to have prescription polycarbonate lenses put in – which was also about £70.

They’re great and with half jackets I can swap back to the sunglass lenses when by a swimming pool on holiday

chipster

I got some Puma sunglasses from Specsavers earlier this year, I’ve had no problems at all with them. They may be the ones that Wookster is talking about.
    See if they can put clear lenses in for you.

Wookster

Specsavers ones are called Z Leader. I just asked in the shop. As I said not mega fash but cost wise good and so far bullet proof!! And no contacts required so happy days!

Googles wise Ive not tried anything yet…I’ve not gone full enduro yet!! 😆 that’s a task for next year with the full face lid….

ads678

I sent some Oakley flak jackets off to ciliary blue, but they couldn’t get the lenses right.

I’m not going to go into it because it’ll sound like I’m slagging them off when they where actually really good about it and tried their hardest to get them right but in the end I sent them an old pair of full rimmed oakleys to glaze and they came back great.

davosaurusrex

I have Bolle Baller photochromic safety glasses, they were £180 but think they are 120 with standard lenses. Been really good although the anti fog treatment isn’t as effective after 6 months use, need to use some product

duir
    Free Member

Wrap around can be tricky due to prescription lenses creating distortion with too much bend. I am v long sighted so limited on frame design but have had 2 pairs of Oakley cross links from RX Sport, one clear, one brown transition and both are excellent. The Oakley are bombproof and have arms that can breakaway in a stack. The lenses are toughened sports lenses but not cheap, around £179 clear and £219 transition.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Also used Cilary Blue for some Oakley Jawbones. Got the green transition lenses, cant remember exact costs but was way less than standard Oakley and they are great in all light conditions – use them for night rides and sunshine!

CraigW
    Free Member

Zenni Optical, about £30, including prescription lenses.

colin9

I bought some £10 clear glasses from CRC, and sent them to ciliaryblue.com and paid £49 for tinted, prescription, wrap around lenses. Work perfectly and cheap enough to get covered in mud and filth on a weekly basis.

toons
    Free Member

I’ve got the optilabs Rascal; they’re pretty good.

rossburton
    Free Member

Ciliary Blue and Oakley Half Jacket XLs here.

scc999

Similar to a poster further up the thread – sent some saftey specs off to Cilliary Blue and they simply couldn’t get the lenses right. Returned three times, still not right – called it a day as the paostage was mounting up and I needed a pair of glasses for an upcoming trip.

Ended up going for some Rudy Project with inserts – so not what you want!

Si

randon
    Free Member

I sent my Oakley glasses to Ciliary Blue also. Very happy with the result.

pjmundy

Toons — any chance you could post some pics of the Optilabs Rascal frame? I’m looking at them as an option, so would be good to see them in the flesh, so to speak. Just a shot or two of them on a table would be great to give me a better idea. Cheers!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Prescription glasses without an insert’ is closed to new replies.