Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Prescription glasses recommendations road & mtb use.
  • Kryton57

Look like one of my eyes has decided it’s allergic to contacts although I can use Dailys one a week, so what’s the best solution?

Needs to be, in no particular order:

A) sporty
    B) work in a whole spectrum of conditions
    C) not too expensive
    D) rad looking to provide animal magnetism to riders of the opposite sex
    E) good for cycling

🙂

dudeofdoom

Just sorted out some Oakley crosslink sweeps with transition lenses with a red mirror finish..

Worked out under £60 for frames and £150 for lenses at ciliary blue.

It’s a sorta sports hybrid glasses so I wear most of the time , I do like the fact that arms an most of the bits are replaceable .

PePPeR

Went to Asda and got them to sort out a pair of Nike glasses and another set made into sunglasses for £100 for two pairs, varifocal anti scratch basically everything I needed.

dudeofdoom

That’s crazy cheep for vario… Didn’t know they did glasses my local doesn’t..

PePPeR

They only do the one spec of vario, the best, no other charges, you’ll need to find the bigger Asda stores,

I was gob smacked how cheap they worked out, you do have to pay for your prescription, but I already had mine.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Joakley Jawbone’s and diary blue lenses, three sets of glasses for less than 150

Kryton57

Where? Everywhere I’m seeing uses inserts. Cheapest I’ve found us a Bloc or Salice Oakley radar lookalike £100 with transitions and inserts.

jes
    Free Member

Have a look at the Rudy project options that take rx inserts.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Cilary Blue will glaze any frames, I sent them a frame to check fit, got clear, transition and yellow lenses

The limit is the curve needed for the prescription

IHN

As ever, assuming you already have a prescription, I’ll say find some cheap frames you like in Boots, Mountain Warehouse, Go Outdoors, Millets, Poundland, wherever.

Get them reglazed with Transitions lenses by Ciliary Blue for about fifty quid.

Job jobbed.

Kryton57

Wow thanks – according to thier quick quote is £95 for my existing Radars to have a transition lense. In fact I have a spare Radarlock frame so I might just get a lense added

swanny853

I got some as a ‘free’ second pair from specsavers last time i bought glasses- they arent the best but are perfectly good for commuting and night riding.

My prescription is pretty bad so right at the top of what ciliary blue and the like would look at and heading towards the point where something like optilabs made sense. So the ‘free’ specsavers were a nice alternative.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Prescription glasses recommendations road & mtb use.’ is closed to new replies.